Salt Dough Ornament




Every year the kids and I like to make salt dough ornaments. Probably half the ornaments on our tree are salt dough ones. To keep the tradition going the kids and I made some today. It was the most fun salt dough afternoon to date! Probably because they're not babies crying because I squished their hands into gunk.
I decided that Grant was old enough to be trusted with acrylic paint- and he did a great job! He painted all the ornaments and loved it. :) He also has been singing Jingle Bells a lot since he's learned it!
I had fun too because I got to practice filming- and I loved it! Not gonna lie- I nailed my white balance. lol
Grace didn't care for painting, she just ran around.
....and fell. lol


Salt Dough Recipe:

4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 cup Salt

1 1/2 cups Warm Water

Mix flour and salt well. Slowly add water, stirring with a large spoon. Finish the mixing with your hands and knead until it is soft and pliable! 

Roll out onto lightly floured surface and use cookie cutters to make shapes OR* mash your baby's hand or foot in it ;) Don't forget to poke a hole in the top for stringing the ornament later. (I like to just use a straw!) 

Bake at 325 degrees F until hard. Usually takes about an hour! 



I'm sad that Christmas is coming so fast. I want the season to last a bit longer!! I'm not ready for it to be over.

Merry Christmas to You!
-C