The Birthday Balloon Miracle

For this story to make sense, youll need a bit of a backstory. 

A few months ago Jaron took Eden on a date and bought her a balloon. She was 4 at the time. Not long after they came home, she went outside and let the balloon go. As it rose higher and higher into the sky, I was surprised at her lack of tears.. I also wondered what on earth she was thinking because she seemed to also have released it intentionally. Incredulously, I asked her "Eden! What did you do that for??" 

She simply and calmly replied, "I wanted to share my balloon with grandpa." 

Which of course.. made me cry. The loss of grandpa has been hard on us all. 

Well, today was the day after Via's seventh birthday. And of course, one of the most beloved of her presents was a balloon. 

The big kids and I were outside doing yardwork while the little kids played. Via had her balloon and was giggling and frolicking around with it. It wasnt long before I heard a shriek. I turned her direction and saw what had upset her. She had accidentally let go of her balloon. 
It began it's acent but lucky for us, it had kind of caught on the car port and that had slowed it down slightly. I tried jumping to reach the ribbon to pull it down but I was jumping no where near high enough. 

Our luck ran out quickly as the balloon was freed from the carport and began rising into the sky. 
Trying to avoid an emotional explosion, I said cheerfully, "Via! Tell grandpa your birthday wish!" 

(It was a windy day. We both had kept our eyes on the ballon, it had cleared the height of our house, was at least 18 feet high, and was floating away on the breeze toward the north.)

Without a pause she exclaimed 
"I WISH MY BALLOON WOULD COME BACK!!!' 

And immediately. 
IMMEDIATELY. 
after she finished saying the words.. 

The balloon stopped. 
Midair. 
It just stopped
And then perfectly reversed its path. 

It began floating back down, right toward me.
I couldnt believe my eyes. 

Without thinking I began to say "Look! Via! Look! Grandpa is giving you back your balloon!" 

I didnt make it through the sentence before I began choking on my sobs as I felt that familiar head-to-toe warm, comforting, and powerfully assuring presence of the Holy Ghost.. AND Pat. 
Letting me feel the weight and accuracy of what I had just said. 

Grandpa was there. 
He brought back Via's balloon to wish her a happy birthday. The balloon miracle. 

Angels are real. 
Pat is real. Still!!!
He is near! 
It was such a powerful experience that I am recording because I never want to forget it. 

I am so grateful that I believe in God. 
And with God, Jesus. 
And with Jesus, Heaven. 
And with Heaven, angels. 
And with angels, life after death. 
And with life after death, resurrection! 

I will never lose the hope that one day my eyes will be able to see the person my heart saw today. One day, because of Jesus Christ, we will be with those we love, who have left, again. 
And that sounds like heaven to me. 

Thanks grandpa.
We love you. 

(Via and Grandpa on her 3rd Birthday)