I REALLY need to figure out how to take better pictures with my smartphone. I feel like having a DSLR camera has ruined me forever because now I am so picky about the quality of my pictures! I didn't feel like lugging around my giant camera, and so I just used my phone.. The picture quality is horrid... but the pictures themselves.. the memories were beautiful. So I guess I need to suck it up ;)
This is us at the beginning of our six. hour. journey.
We left hopeful with our fingers crossed that Grant would make it!
... and guess what?? He DID! He looked like this 99.9% of the time! :)
We love our little munchkin!
Of course the next morning when we got up from our long trip the first thing
we had to do was say hello to Brutus! The biggest, sweetest dog you'll ever meet!
I know he doesn't look big next to Jaron, but this dog.. his height reaches taller
than my hips! He's HUGE! :)
Later that evening we had a really fun visit with family including
Jaron's Uncle Zay and Aunt Beth! It's always a hoot with that bunch!
And look at that cuteness. Seriously? I can't even.
Something crazy also happened during this trip... Grant wanted
Jaron. For everything. To hold him, to put him to sleep, to cuddle..
He didn't want me at all! It was really sweet to see them this way.
Before we left Sunday, we took some fun pictures with Grandma!
![]() |
| Me, Grant and Jaron with Grandma Beth Martinsen |
Grant sure loved meeting his Great-Grandma.. and she loved meeting him.
I am really glad we got to go down and I wish we could go down more often!
A few more pictures from Saturday night.. We played games which was really fun!
But Grant was teething so he was really grumpy. It was really sad.
Grandma holding Grant. What a special moment.
![]() |
| Grant meeting Grandma Beth Martinsen |
This trip was so fun, it was pretty short. So I hope we get to go down to Mesa again
soon and be able to stay longer!









