Baby No. 2!!

I am so excited that I FINALLY get to talk about this! HOOORAAAAYYYY!!!!!! 
So let's start from the very beginning.... a very good place to start... ;)

After Grant was born, when he was around three months old, Jaron and I talked about our birth control options. Personally, we both felt that adding Grant to our family was the best thing EVER.. so we didn't really necessarily want me to go back on birth control.. per say. (Plus, I absolutely HATE what the pill does to my body.) We talked to Jaron's mom about it, and she said it was our choice but that we need to decide what we could handle. Well, no matter how excited we were about Grant.. we both felt that having another baby right away may not be something we could handle. 
So I got back on the pill.... ish. I was horrible at remembering to take it. Even with an alarm set!! 

Fast forward to some time around July. I was sitting in sharing time (we are primary teachers) and I was listening while the cutest three year old girl gave her sweet little talk. I was overwhelmed by the impression that Grant had a little sibling up in heaven, and he/she wanted to be close in age to him. What?! (p.s. initially I felt it was a 'she' waiting up in heaven- but I put he/she because hey, what if I'm wrong?) 

Anyway, I felt crazy. Absolutely coo-coo for cocoa puffs. 
But I couldn't deny how strong that feeling was. 
After church I told Jaron about what I felt, and without hesitation he said, "I feel that way too."
So, I quit taking that nasty birth control. 

It was so surprising that I got a positive test so quickly, because it took us a really long time to get pregnant with Grant, but it truly was an affirmation to all of my promptings/impressions/feelings. And all of a sudden I was making this to leave on Jaron's bedside table..


We are so SO excited to be a family of four. We had our first appointment yesterday, and we heard our baby's little heartbeat good and strong! Our approximate due date is May 12, 2015. 
Grant will be 1 year, and 4 months old! 

Everything has been going well. Jaron has been so kind and supportive during these rocky first few months. I've had extreme fatigue and really bad morning sickness. Waaaaaay WAY worse than last time. I carry a big bowl around more than I do my phone now a days! 
Grant has been an absolute angel. Most days I am too sick and exhausted to play with him, so he plays with his toys on the floor right beside me on the couch while I sleep. He is already such a good helper. And it amazes me how much I feel like he understands. It truly is a tender mercy to be able to have these babies in my home, and under my care- even though most of the time I feel like Grant is taking care of me more than I am of him. 

A lot of the time I feel guilty for not paying as much attention to Grant as I should, and I get frustrated that I am so sick that I can't function, and I almost feel like Grant is getting the short end of the stick here... but then I remember that I don't' know why... but for some reason these two needed to be close. They need each other. And I've always been told the greatest gift you can give your kids is more kids. 

And in case you missed it.... here is our announcement!


More updates coming soon!!
XOXOXO,
Carmina Joy