We live in a basement apartment- and so that's why I called it the "rabbit hole". To be honest, I was nice when I titled this post.. I actually call it a rat hole, which is far less affectionate and more insulting BUT in the spirit of Christmas I thought I should be nice to our little dungeon apartment. After all.. we have a place to live with a heater, kitchen, beds and food; and for that I am so grateful.
Adding Grant to our family has made this Christmas season the best ever! I went all out and crafted like Buddy the Elf to get my house to look super Christmasy (without breaking the bank!) and Grant and I have had a lot of fun (NOT. Grant didn't enjoy it as much as I did) doing some of these crafts together.
Window Snowflakes.
We don't have a printer so I free handed my snowflakes, I also didn't have freezer paper so I plastic wrapped a cookie sheet and that worked just as well! *Tip* Be careful when peeling! If the snowflake sticks to itself you'll NEVER get it apart and it will be ruined!
Santa Countdown
My mother in law got this craft for us to do, and it was so fun! We did it on Thanksgiving and it has been a blast to have this cute little countown in our home. Thanks Mom!
Salt Dough Ornaments. recipe found here.
We made salt dough to get Grant's handprint and it seriously took me 6 tries to get his hand to look like a hand! It turned out really cute in the end, and although it was a hassle and he cried while getting his print, I am really glad we did it! I also made a few other ornaments just for fun. I really like the way the 'H' turned out.
Our Christmas Decor. :)
Inside this special box is Jaron's most special gift! I worked really hard on it, and I seriously can't wait to see his face when he opens it!
FOUR stockings! :) Wow, we went from two to four in a year. How crazy is that?!
Of course this happened while I was trying to take a picture of the tree.. lol
I can't wait for Christmas!! 6 More days!!! :)
Merry Christmas from us to YOU!