177 Years For The World - 3 Years For Me

Today is World Photo Day!
This day marks the invention of photography!

I took this picture the day after I got my first DSLR camera.


Kayli agreed to help me practice learning said camera. 
My first "photo shoot".
This was the picture that I took that made me think, "I could do this..."

Years later, and many photo shoots and learning experiences later.. I got a new camera, and new lenses. I simultaneously fell in love with my new equipment and back lighting pictures at sunset.  



This was my first wedding. 
Adrenaline shot through my veins for a whole 6 hours and I learned what "wedding hangover" was.


Every time I went out, I learned more and more and more and MORE.
I grew addicted to the learning of new information, techniques, equipment, settings etc..


I wanted more more MORE! I just couldn't get enough. 


And this.
This is the photo that finally made me stop second guessing myself. 


When people used to ask me what I do, I would say, "I take pictures." 
I never wanted to say, "I'm a photographer!" because that connotated some sort of professionalism, and I didn't believe that I had achieved that.

Until this picture. 

I love what I do!
I love the business I have created. 
I love all of my clients who have supported me and believed in me! 

But what I love most about photography isn't the money, or the recognition, or even the fun equipment. 

What I love most about photography is that it has the power to freeze a moment, to save it, and to tell the whole story, without saying a word. 
What I love most about photography is the emotion that a single picture can hold- the emotions that come from looking at the picture and truly remembering everything you felt in that moment that has long passed...

Like the time I went to Homecoming with someone who "I could never like."



and how I fell for him.


Or the night we met our son.


or how that son grew up. 


The day we all met Grace.


The best vacation I've ever had.


And especially, this note that I got from my tender hearted Jaron five years ago.
A promise. His promise.
Our hope. 


And boy, was he right.

-C