Grace : 15 Months


I have been so bad at doing these updates on the kids. I guess it's kind of ironic that the more I work my photography business the less I take pictures of my own family. Also- terrible twos. It's a thing.

Little Gray is 15 months old now!

Grace is our joyful little girl.
There is a difference between happiness and joy.
Happiness is fleeting.
My favorite quote is "Joy is untouched by circumstance."
That's Grace.
It doesn't matter what is going on- she is always happy.
When she was a new baby, we always loved how whenever she smiled, she smiled from her eyes to her toes! And I am happy to say that that hasn't changed one bit! She is the sweetest person I know.


M O B I L I T Y :

She's finally starting to walk! She only takes a few steps before she decides to crawl, but she is getting stronger and more stable every day! It is so funny to watch her try to walk because she has her elbows to her sides, and her hands up, with her chest popped out and I call it her "fancy walk". lol

She is much more coordinated than Grant was at this age- and sometimes I think she is even more coordinated that him now! ;) She can climb up and down stairs by herself, well... actually she can climb up and down anything by herself. She can climb in and out of the toy car, on and off of the little tricycle... Grant still struggles with that.

She also really loves to swing her arms around to dance. She loves music and loves to move to it!

L A N G U A G E :

-Mama
-Dada
-Ant (Grant)
-Nana
-Wowa (Lola, aka grandma in Tagalog aka my mom)
-Papa
-Mmmpa
-Baba
-Ball
-Baff (bath)
-Bap (nap)
-Catch
-Wow
-Cackurrr (cracker)
-Shoe
-Show
-Hewwo (hello)
-oof! (woof, like a dog)

She is a crack up. She knows all of those simple baby words, which she kind of mumbles through, but then she can say "catch" perfectly. 
When she asks for food, she says cackurr. She calls all food cracker. lol She also loves to throw her bottle on the ground and then ask me for it. After dinner she knows it is time for a baff, and loves to say it. Sometimes when she wants to take a nap, she will go to the stairs and ask for a "bap".

And apparently I take too long to go get her from her naps because she has started waking up and just calling for "WOWAAA!!!" to come get her. (Even when Lola isn't here!)

A B I L I T I E S :

She likes to try and feed herself with a spoon.
She knows how to hold and "sshhhh" a baby already. (It's so sweet to see how mothering is just in baby girl's nature, isn't it?) Umm... she's really good at destroying things! She likes to dance... I know I already said that. Ummm... She knows how to pretend to talk on the phone! She knows how to irritate Grant lol
She is also starting to learn how to put toys away. She likes to put things in different things. Like different toys in buckets or boxes.. and then take them out and then put them back in again!
She also knows how to get into the drawer under the oven. She likes to get out the bread pans and cake tins and bang them around!
She knows how to play with toy cars, and will scoot them around the room.

L I K E S :

-Charles
-Daddy
-Playing with Nana
-Jumping and crawling on the couch
-Corn dogs
-Milk
-Sleeping
-Baths (but only for 5 mintues, then she is DONE)
-Going outside and playing with the sprinklers
-Pulling out all the markers in my bedside drawer
-Following everyone to the toilet and waiting until they come out.
-When Grant plays nice --- rare.
-Animals, and all animals say "oof!"
-To cuddle and hold and rock stuffed animals and say "ooooohhh"


D I S L I K E S :

-Grant
-Getting her face wiped
-Cows mooing



All in all- Grace is just a sweetheart. A complete and total sweetheart. I can't describe it. It is just her. She is so so so sweet. You've just got to meet her- and you'll know what I am talking about!
We love our little Goose!