I notice that all around me-
people who I know,
people who I don't,
people near me
or people across the country..
..I've noticed that I am seeing something that they all have in common
regardless of beliefs, NON beliefs, opinions, age or gender..
There is a tremendous lack of peace.
Devoid of comfort, people are losing hope that they will ever find or feel comfort and a peace of mind ever again.
Also in common is the feeling that this world that we all share is progressing to be dimmer and darker.
Whether it is because you believe something is right, or you believe something is wrong- whichever side of the spectrum you are on-
the view opposing yours casts a heavy blanket of uneasiness, and perhaps fear, that settles over you.
There is much hatred and bitterness, and because it is easier to be angry and upset- it is spreading like wildfire. Jumping from one heart, to the next.. and the next.
In our day it seems like someone's always angry about something. There's something to disagree with. Something to hate. Something to detest and riot.
Words. Have. Incredible. Power.
Whether we consciously acknowledge that or not.
I'd like to put my words out there.
I hope they find their way to hearts that are looking for them.
In my opinion, the worst feeling that any human being can feel, is lack of comfort.
A lot of the time, we may not even know that we need comforting.
You see, it likes to trick us because if we don't know that we need comfort, we won't go looking for it...
So it likes to disguises itself as doubt, sadness, grief, shame, guilt, fear.. or it's very favorite (the hardest disguise to unmask)
Anger.
Without knowing if we need comfort or without knowing where to find it, we feel utterly and helplessly... alone.
In this space- my blog- I created it and maintain it to be a place of unity - a place where anyone and everyone feels like they belong-
So it is quite ironic, that in always avoiding any, even potentially, controversial topics-
that I choose to offer up to you probably THE MOST controversial topic of them all.
I know this is a long winded post- but stay with me on this.
My dad said something to me once when I was very young that I have never been able to forget.
He spoke of an exchange between him and a longtime friend that he imagined happening once they both died and were in heaven. His story was about how immensely awful he would feel upon facing that friend in heaven. This friend passed on before he did, and my dad had never shared his knowledge and testimony of the gospel with him.
I imagine the friend looking down at his feet, trying to compose himself; unsure of whether to delve into how he feels, or to spare my dad's feelings- but unable to hold back his emotions, looks up with shining eyes, and through tears asks the disheartened words...
"Why didn't you tell me?"
In that same spirit- I am here to tell you.
The single. solitary. lone. sole. only source of lasting peace.
I know where to find it.
I have found it.
It is a incomparable gift that I have the privilege of invariably carrying within my heart.
I hope you can sense in the following words the even seriousness and reverence of my tone, the pleading in my voice, and the conviction in my eyes, as they look into yours.
Soul to soul.
,
I want you to know that I know there is a God, and I believe in Him.
I know Jesus Christ is our Savior, and is that only source of peace.
I face every tomorrow without the burden of inconsolable fears, because I know that He lives. Because I know that He did come here. He was and is the Messiah. That He chose to give up His life for each one of us. I am waiting every day for His second coming.
Joy is untouched by circumstance. Joy is acquired through peace. And peace is acquired through Christ.
And with that peace, with that joy and comfort I go forward in this world, this temporary state- rejoicing.
Rejoicing for I know and understand the Plan of Salvation. I am able to live in the world, but not of it because I know how the story ends.
Believe in Christ- and you have nothing to fear.
Believe in Christ- and you will know hope.
Believe in Christ- and you will. have. peace.
I know that I am one person. I know that I can't and probably won't change the world. I know my circle of friends is small, my family reach is limited- I am aware of the small extent of my influence.
But you are reading this.
And you have chosen to read this far.
I hope that you feel His spirit in these words. Please know that you are loved. Please know that He is waiting 'with is arm reached out still.' Please remember that it isn't ever too late for you to claim that peace you were provided when Jesus Christ atoned for you.
He loves you. Oh how he loves you!
Peace is just a simple prayer away.
This is my testimony.
This is why I have all that I have..
Why I am all that I am ..
and why I do everything that I do.
I know how immensely this blesses and shapes my life, and that it WILL change every life that chooses to learn, love and live it.
"Be strong and of a good courage.
Be not afraid.
Neither be thou dismayed.
For I the Lord am with thee, withersoever thou goest."
Joshua 1:9