How a little boy named Lincoln Changed Everything.

You don't even notice it-
but 12 to 20 times each minute, day after day, year after year-
you breathe. 

After you read this little paragraph-
I would like you to do something for me. 
I want you to take a second and just close your eyes. 
I want you to pay close attention to your breathing. 
I want you to imagine how hard your lungs are constantly working. 
I want you to acknowledge the incredible fact that this small and extremely fragile organ 
is the only thing keeping you alive. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

That's not something I ever think about. I haven't ever particularly ever felt grateful for my lungs because it's easy to fall into an attitude of 'that's just how it is'. You know? 

A little boy named Lincoln changed all of that.

Five years ago a baby was born- And although this pure and perfect soul had done no wrong, his tiny lungs struggled with its single designated task. 

  
At a very young age, they had to perform a tracheotomy on Lincoln. Since then, his health has only declined. 
A few days before Christmas he became very sick, each day getting progressively worse.   
He is now being cared for at Primary Children's Hospital.  He is fighting to recover from the flu and pneumonia. 
They are working hard to get his lungs clear enough to continue testing to get to the bottom of why he continues to get so sick. In other words, they have no idea what's wrong with him. It hasn't been seen before. 
At this point specialist are leaning towards a very scary diagnosis of an incurable lung disease. 

This family is far from their St. George Utah home. As they are enduring an extended stay at Primary Children's hospital you can only imagine how high the medical bills are becoming to this family.
But because you can't put a price on your own child's life- every day the proceed to do whatever they can in the hopes that they can find answers for their son, and if possible, help him to get better- or at least stable enough to be able to go home. 

This is where we come in. Where you come in. 

This Friday and Saturday, Kalamity is putting on the big benefit show for Lincoln. 
This is the dance crew that I have been auditioning for. As I've gone and helped them as they prepare for this show- I really don't have words. 
The dancers have worked so hard, and every number is so fun to watch! They're seriously the coolest. Tia Stokes, the director, prides herself in putting on these professional shows- and I can't blame her! What she's created is amazing. 
A professional dance concert-- with all the proceeds going to Lincoln and his family. 
That's unheard of, nobody else does what Kalamity does. 

The goal set for Lincoln is to raise $15,000. 
That seems like a really high number, but if you think about it- all you have to do is show up and be entertained- and by so doing you are easing the incredible financial burden on this family. <3

So come! 
Have fun! If you have nothing going on already-- date night! Family night! Whatever night! 
It's going to be so fun, and I'm so excited for you to see these incredible numbers... 
Optimus Prime and Chandelier are my favorite. Seriously? Chills. 

I don't know if I'm going to make this team. Jaron asked me how I would feel if I didn't. He asked if I'd feel like getting up at 3:30am for practices all those weeks would feel like a waste. He asked if I'd feel used for helping with the show this weekend, tying shoe laces over and over and moving props and even putting stuffing down some pants to create the old man (lol).  and then to not even make the team. 
Without even thinking, I told him no.
I am always going to remember these past couple weeks.
It has been so hard. It has pulled and stretched me past my limits.

Even though it was probably one of the hardest things I've done in my life, I've cleared the shelves, got rid of useless self centered cares, and Kalamity and what they stand for has a new special place in my heart. 
It has been such an honor to be a part of something  so good. 

When my Aunt had her stroke in the Philippines, they would not let her leave the hospital until they paid the $$$,$$$.$$ bill IN FULL. 
But because they couldn't, they made them stay. 
And the longer they stayed- 
the higher the bill became. The feeling of helplessness you guys, it's scary. So scary. 

It has been amazing to feel the spirit from this team. It's so powerful and like I said I really don't have words to describe it. They're such a huge, amazing force for good. Everything they do, they do for someone else; in this case sweet Lincoln! 



See you there! <3
-C