I haven't posted in so long. There were so many times that I felt like I should but then I didn't.
I didn't because the last five months were h a r d .
A lot happened all at once.
I really had to pick and choose what I spent my time doing because I felt like I had so little time with everything.
Little time in our house that we suddenly sold.
Little time to work.
Little time for anything extra... (like marketing. A super important part of my job that I just didn't have time for..)
but most importantly,
little time with Jaron.
That was probably the biggest adjustment of them all, besides moving!
I don't know how he did what he did, how he handled that huge load- but he did it.
The thing that has impressed me the most is that he hasn't slipped up in the dad category once. In my head I thought he'd probably not really play with the kids much because of all the homework he had- or that if he did play with the kids he'd be distracted with his mind somewhere else.
But I was wrong.
Every moment that he had to be with Grant and Grace, he was really with Grant and Grace. He gave them his full attention and played with and loved them. Helped me put them to bed on the rare occasions that allowed it- he's wonderful. On top of working hard at work, working hard at school, he also works so hard to make moments with our family really special. And they are. <3
When we started this, Jaron was thinking he wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon. But as time has gone on and he has met more surgeons and shadowed doctors etc.. he really likes the idea of being an E.R. Doctor instead.
I think that would fit him, because of his personality, perfectly! So as of right now, that's where we're aiming.
He's part of a health scholars program and because of that he has a unique opportunity to do an early acceptance process for the Medical School that was just built in Ivins. {a minute from our house!}
We hope it all works out because we love where we are living right now, and it fits within our means perfectly. We'd have to be sent somewhere else in the country for his rotations, but we'll cross that road when we get there!
As for now- second semester has started and I feel a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders because his schedule is not nearly as crazy as last semester's was. He's home every day by 6:30 or earlier!
As for me...
I only had one complete breakdown. ;)
Growth is supposed to be hard.
Hard is good.
Was my mantra during those months.
Another thing that helped me a ton was dancing. It really kept me sane. With everything that was going on, and all the times I felt like I couldn't do it or that I wasn't strong enough or whatever enough..
My team, dancing for a cause, everything about it reminded me the REAL story.
The real story that my life is NOT hard.
The real story that I don't have anything to be sad about.
The real story that everything is how it is supposed to be, that I am everything enough.
Kalamity has changed my thinking. It really has! Tia is a huge part of that.
Whenever I started to feel sorry for myself- which I was tempted to do.. a lot... I was constantly reminded that I have a good life.
It's refreshing to be around people who make you better. And I'm very blessed to be a part of Kalamity right now. Heavenly Father really knows his timing, and knows that he's doing.
I had my first ever concert the beginning of December and I still can't even believe it was real life! It was everything and more!
Here are some pictures of the show!
The spirit was so strong. That's what drew me to Kalamity in the first place, was the amazing feeling you feel from doing that kind of service. The people and the love. It's an amazing feeling and I had never felt anything like it before in my life!
We were able to raise over $17,000 for little Lincoln those two nights!
I have so much I could say. I could go on and on about it but I won't. :)
My business has also kept me really busy. I've been traveling mostly to Las Vegas to shoot luxury weddings there, and so I've had a TON of editing on my plate... and still do.
It's nice though, that I get to help my family in that way- especially since Jaron is just part time at work now. :)
Grant and Grace are just as busy and lively as ever. They're both huge and a definite handful!
Grant is really into Legos right now. He also still loves everything from Cars, but he also has been watching PJ Masks.
He is so kind, and very quick to give anyone hugs and kisses.
{NOT. always a good thing. I almost got decked by another mom at the mall after Grant laid a fat kiss on her daughter's cheek}
Grace is sassy and... not rude but... well. Actually. She is kind of rude. lol I don't know what to do with her. She's our little spitfire and has loads of attitude. She's really good at throwing shade at just about everybody. lol
She can be sweet, she just.. isn't always that way.
She loves songs, and riding her scooter.
We had a wonderful Christmas. Probably the best Christmas we've ever had. We got spoiled by all of our family and made out like bandits with a home theater projector, a new shotgun, and a trampoline!
Christmas morning we did a "scavenger hunt" with Jaron's family which ended up by being us bringing cookies to people who had to work on Christmas. {Firefighters, ER at the hospital.. etc.} That was a very special thing that I'll always remember! The kids got every toy they could ever want from all the family that we have, and it was just so special to be able to be with everyone.
Grant also had a good birthday last week! I can't believe I've got a 4 year old!
Here comes a giant cliche for you but time goes by so fast. It seems like yesterday he was a baby.
Yup. I know. You predicted that entire sentence but it is SO TRUE!
Anyway.
I've blabbed on 5 months worth- so I'm going to grab some cough drops and read my book.
-Carmina






