Things here are going well. My brother Chris came out for a whole week last week and it was the best! We didn't really do anything super fun because I'm very pregnant.. but it didn't matter. Having him here was just so nice. The kids absolutely LOVED it. They love him.
We are going to be going down to Mesquite in two weeks, so when we dropped him off at the airport on Sunday I really didn't think it would be a big deal.
Two weeks is easy!
It wasn't a problem at the airport.
It was a problem when we got home and I had to deflate the air mattress he had slept on, and put his cup he drank out of all week in the sink.
As the air mattress deflated... my heart did too.
I cried and cried.
It was then that I truly realized how lonely I have been.
Jaron does so much for us. When he is home, he is HOME. He is present. He plays with the kids, he gives them his all (when his "all" was actually probably well spent hours ago..) He helps me clean up the house, and most of the time he will even whip up dinner if we haven't eaten yet.
But.The reality is still that he is in school. And that just makes things a little different. Okay, a LOT different. But it's okay.
It's going to be worth it in the end.
Technically it is worth it now because we came out here for school, and Jaron is getting 100% on everything. Seriously.... like everything.. because he dedicates so much time to studying. He even got 106% on his CNS midterm. The one that was supposed to be really hard!
I admire his work ethic.
He always says that he didn't uproot his family to come out here and dink around. lol
On Sunday, after we dropped Toph off at the airport we had already missed church so we took the kids to the Oakland Temple. It was our first time ever visiting it, and it was so nice! Grace really wanted to go inside the temple.
They loved seeing the fountain, and the statue of Christ in the visitor's center.
I felt peace there, and I think when we go home and Jaron and I will be able to attend a session at the temple it will do a lot for my soul!
We haven't been in over 6 months, because the Oakland Temple is closed for renovations.
That's been hard.
Not going.
So I think I really really need it.
I told Jaron when we go back, I want to go to the Temple and then I want him to take me to Arby's because I am CRAVING Arby's like you wouldn't believe. lol
There are no Arby's here.
The closest one is 60+ miles away.
And aaaaaaall I want is a huge beef n' cheddarrrrr.
Speaking of cravings and such...
I'm 34 weeks now!
I know what you're thinking... it's CRAZY to travel at 36 weeks pregnant.
I'm taking a huge gamble.
But we both miss our families so much..
So. Please just pray that this baby stays put until we come home. lol
I had a doula friend tell me that your body can sense everything, and if you aren't ready or wanting to have the baby that you wont.... hopefully that's the case here lol but we will see.
Pregnancy has been pretty rough.
I guess my body is just too good at producing relaxin (a hormone that causes muscles, ligaments bones etc... to relax) because I was struggling SO bad with pubis symphysis disfucntion which is basically what we can call fire crotch. 😂
It hurt SO BADLY that I couldn't walk.
Sneezing was complete suicide.
I went in to see the chiropractor at the clinic and she gave me an adjustment that literally made me scream involuntarily in pain (I was already in a ton of pain so the touching just made it worse) BUT
afterward I wanted to kiss her! She seriously shablammed me on the drop table but it put my pelvis back into good alignment and I haven't had any problems since! It's uh. may. zing.
I was pretty sure I was going to die before.
Anyway..
We are going to go on a little walk- so I'm gonna sign off now!
Thanks for reading up on us!
💗💗💗
🌲 🎄🎅Merry Christmas! 🎅🎄🌲
-C
It's going to be worth it in the end.
Technically it is worth it now because we came out here for school, and Jaron is getting 100% on everything. Seriously.... like everything.. because he dedicates so much time to studying. He even got 106% on his CNS midterm. The one that was supposed to be really hard!
I admire his work ethic.
He always says that he didn't uproot his family to come out here and dink around. lol
On Sunday, after we dropped Toph off at the airport we had already missed church so we took the kids to the Oakland Temple. It was our first time ever visiting it, and it was so nice! Grace really wanted to go inside the temple.They loved seeing the fountain, and the statue of Christ in the visitor's center.
I felt peace there, and I think when we go home and Jaron and I will be able to attend a session at the temple it will do a lot for my soul!
We haven't been in over 6 months, because the Oakland Temple is closed for renovations.
That's been hard.
Not going.
So I think I really really need it.
I told Jaron when we go back, I want to go to the Temple and then I want him to take me to Arby's because I am CRAVING Arby's like you wouldn't believe. lol
There are no Arby's here.
The closest one is 60+ miles away.
And aaaaaaall I want is a huge beef n' cheddarrrrr.
Speaking of cravings and such...
I'm 34 weeks now!
I know what you're thinking... it's CRAZY to travel at 36 weeks pregnant.
I'm taking a huge gamble.
But we both miss our families so much..
So. Please just pray that this baby stays put until we come home. lol
I had a doula friend tell me that your body can sense everything, and if you aren't ready or wanting to have the baby that you wont.... hopefully that's the case here lol but we will see.
Pregnancy has been pretty rough.
I guess my body is just too good at producing relaxin (a hormone that causes muscles, ligaments bones etc... to relax) because I was struggling SO bad with pubis symphysis disfucntion which is basically what we can call fire crotch. 😂
It hurt SO BADLY that I couldn't walk.
Sneezing was complete suicide.
I went in to see the chiropractor at the clinic and she gave me an adjustment that literally made me scream involuntarily in pain (I was already in a ton of pain so the touching just made it worse) BUT
afterward I wanted to kiss her! She seriously shablammed me on the drop table but it put my pelvis back into good alignment and I haven't had any problems since! It's uh. may. zing.
I was pretty sure I was going to die before.
Anyway..
We are going to go on a little walk- so I'm gonna sign off now!
Thanks for reading up on us!
💗💗💗
🌲 🎄🎅Merry Christmas! 🎅🎄🌲
-C
