what I wrote about Grace's pregnancy.
Heavenly Father is good at what He does. One of things He does so well is make you totally forget all of the not-so-great stuff about pregnancy so that you'll do it again. I'm not kidding. I forgot EVERYTHING.
I've started having contractions if I do too much in a day. Last week I had contractions one night from 5pm until 10pm. I guess they were technically Braxton Hicks because they didn't get more intense or closer together, but then again they weren't Braxton Hicks because Braxton Hicks aren't supposed to be that intense and/or last that long!
I started to get worried that I'd go into pre-term labor. Maybe even have this baby too early...
but then I looked up some of my old blog posts from Grace's pregnancy and I had totally forgotten that this same type of thing happened then too. I had even forgotten that at one point, I had contractions so bad that I threw up and then had to go into Labor and Delivery. (Because my midwife wouldn't deliver unless you are safely at 37 weeks)
So I stopped freaking out.
Everything is all good, and normal. Nothing to worry about!
I just have to stop trying to do so much.
The hard thing is.... my definition of "so much" is very very different than the baby's definition of "so much". 😐
So here is my good news:
1. My midwife here was totally inspired and during our last visit she, umprompted, told me that the way life is now is not a reflection on my parenting. She said right now and probably after the baby comes, Grant and Grace might watch more TV than normal and they may not eat so great.. but that it's a normal part of life and I shouldn't worry or beat myself up about it. That everything would even out once we adjusted.
I'm so glad she said that because that's exactly what I've been struggling with! So I have given myself permission to stop beating myself up about those things.
2. Oops. Did I mention that I have found a midwife here, and that I get to have this baby at home?! Yaaayyyy! 👏
3. Jaron has a loooong break between 2nd and 3rd quarter... like... all of December. So we will be coming down to visit our families for Christmas! Hopefully I won't, but should I go into labor (after 37 weeks) while we are visiting Mesquite- my old midwife will help deliver this baby! Double yay!
4. We have just about everything all ready to go for baby to come! I figured that the holiday months go by so fast, and we won't even be here for a lot of December.. and then I'm just going to get bigger and bigger and more immobile.. so we may as well get it knocked out now!
So earlier this week, Grant and Grace helped me pick out all the gender neutral clothes and we washed them! When we have the baby and learn whether it's a boy or girl, all we have to do is throw the 0-3 month boy bag or girl bag in the washer and we'll be good to go! But for a while, we've got some pretty gender neutral stuff to hold us over!
We set up the baby's bed (pack-n-play-sleeper), washed blankets and I ordered a few things that I needed.
It's funny how life changes. With Grant and Grace they both had their own rooms, cribs, changing tables... all sorts of decorations...
Our apartment here in Cali is so small that the baby is going to be living in our room, and once he/she is older... move in with Grant and Grace it the other room. Caaaaause... we only have two. lol So like I said- Pack n Play it is!
We're so excited. It's starting to feel real!
-Carmina

