Hello!
After almost 3 weeks in Mesquite, we are back home!
I'm sorry that we didn't get to see a lot of people. I know three weeks sounds like a long time... but when you've been away from your family for so long it's really not.
Also- I seriously had contractions the entire time we were down there. I also went into false labor once.. so we didn't do much of anything because of me. Which was fine- all we really wanted to was to be with our families and we did that!
While we were down there a lot of people asked if I liked California and I said no every time. If I said no to you... let me change my answer.
Yes. I like California.
But I don't like it like I want to live here for the rest of my life or even for any longer than the three years more years that Jaron will be in school..
I like it because we are blessed, and because it is teaching me so much.
Going back to Mesquite after living in Cali for six months really opened our eyes. Had we not experienced the horrible traffic that is always going on here in Cali... we wouldn't have even noticed the empty streets of Mesquite.
Had we not have had to live and grocery shop in Cali (have I told you my rat-in-the-grocery-store story?) we would have never been tickled pink by how beautiful and clean and fully-stocked the Walmart in Mesquite is!
Had we not have had to be constantly on our guard here in Cali.. trying to avoid strangers and hobos who like to yell in our faces at the park, scaring our kids to death... we wouldn't have enjoyed the blanket of safety that you feel in a place like Mesquite and Bunkerville.
If you're in Mesquite, Bunkerville or even our lovely old city of St. George that we also miss so much (where all of this applies as well)... be grateful for those things! LOVE those things and love where you are!
To Jaron and I, the world seemed so big and exciting and all for the taking. We felt like we could have so much more than just Mesquite, or just St. George.
We felt like big shots because we'd be living near San Francisco.
But now that we are out, and experiencing "the world" ... all we want is to go back home. Everything we wanted was in front of our noses and we didn't even know it.
We loved our time down there so much. We left here early, and came back here late. It was so hard to leave. Being around our families was just too good. That's definitely something I regret taking for granted while we had it. Living next to our families was the greatest gift that we had.
But like I said, we are back up here now and we are trying to get settled back into a routine. Jaron started his third quarter this week! He was stressed because last quarter he had fourteen and a half credits and this quarter he has twenty and a half credits...
and we're about to throw a baby into the mix.
Tomorrow is my due date.
I kind of wish due dates weren't a thing... lol
I'm trying so hard not to freak out and lose it. I'm trying so hard not to complain. I'm trying trying trying. But I've been in prodromal labor since Saturday. That's almost a whole week. And it is frustrating and does make you crazy.
So. That's about all for us.
Right now we are missing our families, waiting for a baby and chugging along. The end.
Hopefully the next time I post something, I'll have a picture of some cute squishy cheeks to go with it.
-C
