Our Christmas Present this last year from Treva was a family trip to Disneyland. She graciously paid for our AirBNB!
This trip was FULL of miracles.
Miracle after miracle.
It's a miracle that everyone was able to go (even Shawni and Noah who live in Texas!) Rounding up 18 people is NOT easy- especially for a whole week!
A miracle that everyone in this family has such a good relationship and was able to enjoy this.
A miracle that Haley was soooo good and didnt cry on the rides- even Pirates!!
But the biggest of all the miracles was what happened on the third day of our trip.
Treva and Shawni forgot to buy their tickets to California Adventure on Wednesday night and Thursday morning the website would not allow them to buy tickets.
Jaron and I have run into problems in the past with not being able to buy tickets online so we suggested they just buy tickets at the gate like we have.
When we got there, one group went over to try and buy tickets while the rest of us waited.
I noticed Brynna was having a tough morning (she is early in pregnancy!) and I had the thought to take her to the shade and have her sit down over on a ledge nearby. So I moved all our strollers so she could go sit at the place I found.
We waited and waited, and when nobody came back after 15 minutes, we began to suspect something was wrong.
Sure enough, after investigating, Jaron came and told me they couldnt get tickets.
Disneyland had maxed out capacity and was no longer selling any tickets for that day. We seemed to be sunk.
Jaron didn't miss a beat.
Eden was already asleep in a stroller so he suggested he take Eden and another kid and let Shawni and Noah and Treva take their place. We both knew Grace would be willing to give up her spot. Jaron said he could just bring her back another time. We agreed on our plan and he went to go tell Shawni, who was over a ways a way crying very hard.
I pulled Grace aside and explained the situation and she didnt even pause before exclaiming she would absolutely do that for Shawni and Noah.
Shawni was having a hard time accepting the plan so I asked Grace if she would go assure Aunt Shawni and show her herself that she was willing.
The group all convened back at the ledge where we were waiting and where Brynna was sitting. Shawni was still crying and upset but we tried our best to cheer her up and let her know it would be okay. And we could pivot and change our plans and still have a good day.
Jaron and Grace and sleeping Eden headed to the shops, and the rest of us and a very reluctant Shawni and Mom went to get in line to enter the park. Eeeeveryone except Brynna... who seemed to be stuck at her spot having a very intense conversation with the lady who she was seated next to.
Guess what?
As it happens... that lady saw the whole story play out.
That lady is a cast member at Disneyland who was bringing her family for the day.
That lady was touched by seeing what Grace did.
That lady also just happened to have THREE extra park hopper tickets she asked if we needed.
🤍🤍🤍
MIRACLES.
Shawni EXTRA lost it. She began crying even harder. Kayli lost it.
For some reason.... I didnt.
Which is weird because I am a cryer! It doesn't take much for me to cry at all.
Here is what I have gathered as I have pondered this..
I had already felt like I had seen so many miracles. I have gotten into the habit of counting miracles. No miracle is too small to escape my notice! It is so fun to glorify God in that way. It is my favorite.
This big huge miracle didnt even surprise me. I knew that no matter what it would be okay. I just knew it. No matter how it happened- even if Jaron and the girls didnt get to go into the park. I knew it would sort out. I knew God would be aware.
So when that lady who I sat Brynna next to just so happened to have tickets to give us.. I almost wasnt surprised.
I have been wondering why. Why I didnt react in a big way and why I wasnt surprised. Why it wasnt shocking or jarring for me..
And I got my answer watching Grace Notes, listening to Brandon Lake's interview. He said
"Miracles follow those who believe."
Miracles like this do not MAKE me believe in God. I already choose to believe. These miracles are Gifts that show me his wonderful character and are testaments of His big love for us 🥰
I love this little family of mine.
Love,
Carmina
P.s. I hope this isnt TMI...but for reals I was already counting the miracle that I was supposed to be on my period the week of the trip and God mercifully pushed it out a whole week!!!