Hey everybody!
Well I'm sorry I don't have a picture to go with this 6 week update, but I can't really figure out exactly how I want to do the weekly updates. I really wanted to do that really cute chalkboard thing that's on Pinterest... you know, this whole thing?
...but everyone is doing that and I feel like I'd just be jumping on the bandwagon if I did that too.. which stinks because I really wanted to do it! I'm so torn! I don't wanna be a copy cat but at the same time I really want to do it! Oh well. I'll figure it out eventually. Your thoughts?
Anyway... I've been putting off this post because I don't know how to update you without it seeming like I'm just complaining a whole bunch. But I guess it's all part of the journey and learning experience so here it goes!
The update so far is.. I've been sick. sick. sick. SICK.
Pregnancy isn't at all what I was expecting.
I wasn't expecting to be this tired. I'm ex-hau-sted.
Going up and down the hallway a few times makes me want to take a nap! Speaking of naps- I take like 4 a day! So forget about cooking, cleaning and laundry... just watching TV makes me tired.
I also wasn't expecting to be this sick!
I've handled nausea before but not. like. this.
Sorry if this is TMI but you know how you have that awful, terrible, gross feeling right before you throw up? But after you throw up you feel tons better?
Well I have that awful, terrible, gross feeling constantly and the real problem is... no throw up.
I sometimes wish I just would yak it up so it could just be over with but nope!
Saltine crackers have become my best friends!
The past few weeks I have like half eaten everything and have lost my appetite so eating has been a real chore.. which stinks. But today was the first day in a while that I ate a whole meal... CAFE RIO! mmmm! :)
You wanna know what else I wasn't expecting?
Cramps.
Painful, horrible cramps.
Sometimes the cramping gets so bad that it wakes me up in the middle of the night and I worry that I'm miscarrying. It really has me paranoid. But my doctors have told me that it's normal just because there is something "foreign" in my uterus, and that it should get better.
The most bizarre pregnancy symptom?
(Well, besides the super smell of course..)
SPIT!
Yeah! SPIT! The past couple days I have been generating like 4x the amount of saliva I normally do.
Seriously my mouth just constantly fills with spit.
The problem is that it makes me more nauseous to swallow it, so I've been spitting like a baseball player! It's really annoying because spitting is gross and I can't even get through a sentence without having to lean over and empty out. My Aunt Heather (a nurse) says it's normal, and that all I need to do is carry around a spit cup and learn to spit like a man!
I'm also C R A Z Y bloated and constipated, but we don't really need to go there ;)
We will be going to the Dr. for our FIRST ULTRASOUND (yipee!!) next Monday!
I'm really excited to see our little blob/tadpole baby!
I also am just hoping that everything is going alright!
It's hard for me to feel like this baby is healthy when I am so crazy sick, so it will be nice to hear the Dr. say that everything is normal and going very well..I'm praying to hear those words!
That's all from us!
xoxoxo,
Carmina & Tiny Tadpole Baby.
