I DECIDED TO DO IT!
I got some marvelous words of wisdom from comments on my last post and they were all right!
Not doing something just because everyone else is is a dumb reason to not do something.
And if you are doing it, you're doing it for you to look back on- not just because its a Pinterest fad.
So today I set out to make my Pregnancy Update Chalkboard! :)
The only problem was that I had no idea how much it was going to cost... and if it was gonna be more than $25.00... well. I wasn't going to be able to do it after all.
I decided that first I'd better just look and see how much chalkboard paint was. At Ace Hardware I ended up buying chalkboard paint (the spray kind) for only $8! (It was $7 somethin so I'm rounding up.)
Then I decided I was going to look at Thrift Stores for a picture frame that was about the size I wanted, that had the original glass in place, and that would only be a few dollars. Because that's what I'd make the actual chalkboard out of.
I SCORED BIG at the first thrift shop I visited!
While walking through the store I stumbled upon a thing. A wonderful, perfect thing.
I don't know what the heck that thing was originally used for- but I knew in my heart that it was made to be up-cycled into my Pregnancy Chalkboard! It was perfect because it would give my chalkboard just the twist it needed to stand out, to be different from everyone else's, to be like one nobody else has... just me!
Well after lots of work- HERE IT IS! :) :) :)
It's PERFECT isn't it?! :) I LOVE it! :)
What I love MOST about it was that it only cost me about $19.00 to make!! :)
Chalkboard Paint: $8
Perfect thing: $1
Colored paint: $3
Brushes: $2
Chalk: $5
I'm SO happy! :)
Look for the first weekly update with my cute chalkboard next week! :)
