Pregnancy Story!!


It was a beautiful day. Trees framed the streets, and their leaves were beginning to change. Most leaves still hanging on for dear life, but others had already fallen to the ground. Jaron and I were at a neighborhood block party, and it was a perfect afternoon. Good food, great people, interesting company, and even cotton candy! As I ate my fluffy purple treat, Jaron and I watched as the neighborhood kids took full advantage of the fact that they were allowed to play in the street this one time. It was then that Jaron said something that about made me drop my sugar cloud on a stick.
 He said, "I'm baby hungry." 
Whoa. Wait. Rewind. Wasn't that my line?! Yes. That was my line, and had been since the third month of our marriage. I guess there's something in watching little toddlers waddle-run and face plant in the street that makes your husband catch the hunger.

And that was it! 

In my mind, I knew exactly what was going to happen.

We'd pray about it, and Heavenly Father would say, "Why yes of course! What an obedient couple you are!" Then, we'd make a Dr.'s appointment. After the Dr. gave us the OK, I'd get off the pill. Then I'd get pregnant that next month (like all my friends did). I'd start feeling nauseous and so I'd wait until Jaron went to work to take a pregnancy test. After three minutes, the test would read positive and I'd hurry and get crafty to surprise Jaron in a cutesy way to tell him I was pregnant. He'd then come home from work, see the surprise, sweep me off my feet and spin me round and round in circles as we celebrated the news of our little creation. After a few weeks, we'd tell our families, and after telling our families I'd have thought up some cutesy thing to share the news in the Facebook world. We'd get 300 likes, and everyone would be happy for us. The end.  

Nope. 
That didn't happen. 

We prayed about it, and we both felt like it was the right thing to do... so that was good. We made an appointment with my Dr, and headed down to St. George that next week. He gave us the OK and told me to start taking prenatal vitamins. Awesome! Everything was going according to plan! Little did I know, that it was the next part of the plan that was going to give us trouble. 
I didn't get pregnant in that first month like all my friends. Or the second month. Or even the third, or fourth. 
This became one of the biggest trials I have ever faced. 
It got to the point where not only was I upset with Heavenly Father, but Jaron started to ask if we needed to go back to the Dr, and Jaron would also say things that included the phrases, "in the next life" or "adoption". Those are words that no young wife wants to hear.
I'd like to say that our pregnancy journey was full of ups and downs, but it wasn't. 
It was full of downs. 

After we moved down to Mesquite, we met with our Bishop to welcome us into the ward.
He asked us what our plans on children were, and it was then that Bishop became one of the first people to know that we had already been trying. He was very excited about that, and commended us on our efforts and said that it would be a blessing to our home and especially our marriage.
After that I was sold. I knew that in that next month I'd get pregnant for sure, since Bishop encouraged it. And Heavenly Father said "whether by mine own voice or the voice of my servants it is the same." So I figured that was God saying, okay don't worry this month I'll make it happen for ya!

Nope. Not even close.

It is safe to say that my faith had been shaken. No, not shaken. BROKEN. 
Not only did I lose my faith, but worse.. I lost my hope. 
I had no hope, and I gave up. I stopped wanting it. 
I was accepting the fact that we'd probably just adopt in five years or whatever. 

Well not too long after that I started cramping, but I didn't think anything of it because it just felt like my period was coming. (woopee. more failure.)
Well, I cramped as if I were on my period for four days.. but no period. I figured that I was just stressed or something and that it would show up soon.

Jaron didn't think so though. He wanted me to take a pregnancy test.
I put up a fuss and said that no I absolutely would not take one because it would say exactly what it had said for the last NINE MONTHS.. not pregnant.

Finally, to shut him up... I took one. 

PREGNANT.

I grabbed that test and ran out of the bathroom as fast as I could to find Jaron. He was by the front door. The look on his face was, "this isn't a funny joke." I showed him the test and he just hugged me for a very, very long time. :) I cried because I was so happy! After we both got out of shock, I looked down to realize that I had ran out of the bathroom and my pants were still around my ankles. 
Lol. Not so cute.

The first thing I did was take one of the prenatal vitamins that I had bought almost a year ago, when we started trying. We then said a prayer to Heavenly Father, thanking Him, and asking that everything with the baby would be okay and that we would know what to do from there, and that our families would be supportive.
I called the Dr. the next morning.
I'm due on January 18, 2014
and I'm 4 weeks and 3 days along!!!!!!!!

We told our families the next day. :) Which was... yesterday.
This is how we told them:





Since I am only 4 and a half weeks along, I really wanted to wait until the first ultrasound (WHICH IS ON JUNE 3RD!!!!:)) to tell everyone else. Well Daddy was too excited and put it on Facebook last night without consulting me first! That stinker! ;) Oh well. 
I may have not been able to announce our baby to everyone the way I wanted, but it was still pretty perfect. :) I can still do a cute gender reveal!... in like 18 weeks..uggghhh!!! :)

Well! That's the story!

I'm doing pretty good.. I'm sick of being exhausted though. Like I mentioned before, I had to take a nap before I could finish blogging! crazy! The cramping also hasn't stopped.. That's definitely gonna be the first item on the agenda at the Dr. appointment tomorrow! I also pee a lot! And my boss at work told me my voice changed.. like that it's sweeter or something.. I didn't really think so until I ordered McDonald's today and I was like "What's happening to me!?" Don't judge. I wanted a burger.

That's all from us:)
... the three of us.