We're Truck People.

A few weeks ago Jaron and I traded in our '97 Toyota Avalon- known to us as "Cilantro"- for a 
2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD -who we lovingly named "Hank"


Beautiful, isn't he?

I know what you're thinking... "A truck? Why?"
Well originally we were NOT in the market for a truck. Obviously- I mean, we've got a baby coming.. a modest car or small SUV is what you'd expect us to upgrade up to.. right? That's what we thought too.
It took us THREE trips and THREE different days up in St. George to finally actually do something. When we started shopping, we were looking for just that, a car or a small SUV.. but we ended up with this lug of manly metal... and we absolutely love it. 
 It's been so long that I think for a while I forgot how much of a truck person I was. After test driving, an afternoon at the bank, and LOTS of signatures later..we finally got to drive home in a new vehicle! During that drive.. man.. I seriously don't know how to explain it.. I just felt so at home. I felt sooo comfy. I was so relaxed.. and despite how fast the gas gage was going from 'F' to 'E'..I was soo happy! It was then that I remembered, "HEY! I'M A TRUCK PERSON!"
I grew up with trucks! My dad had a truck, my grandpa and aaaallllll my uncles had trucks. That's just what I was used to. Trucks, trucks, trucks!
Man, I love trucks.
I grew up in a truck family and now my family is a truck family! woot!
And now that our lives have taken some interesting turns.. this truck has become EXACTLY what we need.
When we came home and showed everyone our purchase we were worried they'd think we were nuts for doing it.. and they did. And to be honest, when we drove off the lot in Hank part of me thought we were crazy too. But now, it's just crazy at how much Heavenly Father knows... because seriously... this truck is what we need! (I'll explain more later..)