It went something like this. (I say "something" because I was in the mother's room fumbling around trying to feed Grant so if I get some parts of the story wrong.... anyway..)
There was a father and a daughter. The daughter went to go bring her father lunch one day. Her father was working digging a well. When she got to her father she tossed down his lunch to him. Her father invited her to come down and eat with him. She looked down into the well. It was dark. She couldn't see a thing- let alone him. She expressed this to her father. Her then father replied,
"You can't see me.. but I can see you. Jump, and I will catch you."
Literally leaping with faith, the daughter jumped, and her father caught her.
I am in the same place as the daughter in the story. Jaron and I are getting ready to move to a new city very soon. I know it is the right thing to do, but I am a little scared of living in a place I've never lived before. I'm so comfortable here... in our hometown. Not only am I worried about me.. but about Jaron and especially about Grant. I mean, is this going to be a good place to raise him? I don't know- I've never lived there myself.
We all face times like these in our lives when we fear the uncertainty of what is to come. It is at these times that we, like the daughter in the story, need to listen to our Heavenly Father's voice that is saying,
"You can't see me.. but I can see you. Jump, and I will catch you."
