#sharegoodness


I was so absolutely frustrated with the things I was seeing. It seemed that no matter who or what I unfollowed or reported... those things I didn't want to see kept popping up. 
I remember once when I reported an image that was clearly pornographic in nature- I received a reply that said,
"We do not think that this image is pornographic."

I guess our definition and the world's definition of pornographic collide a little bit. a lot.

Whenever I see half naked and revealing women in my news feed, I think, "I don't want my husband to see that! I don't even want to see that!!" 

What scared me most was that I did NOTHING to have these things show up in my feed. I didn't 'like' or 'follow' or do anything to make these kinds of things show up... I did quite the opposite! I did EVERYTHING I could in my power to make them go away... and yet... there they were. 

I decided that the only solution was to delete ALL of my social media accounts. So I deleted my Facebook and Instagram. I decided that I'd never again get a social media account and if anybody needed us then they could just call us or text us. We could just send pictures and letters. The end. Goodbye. Done. 

I quickly realized that that was not going to work. 

It wasn't that our friends didn't really care about us- because they did, and they do. But... our world is different now. It is fast paced, and everything is done in the palm of your hand. Nobody called. Nobody texted. And HA HA on me for thinking anybody would send us anything in the mail.. 

By deleting my social media accounts I was trying to do what was right. I thought I was going to win- and Satan was going to lose. 
What I didn't realize... was that I accomplished the exact opposite.

Satan WON when I deleted my social media accounts. 

He won because there was one less person sharing goodness.

Yesterday I watched Elder Bednar's address for the BYU Education Week. 
IT WAS AMAZING. What I took from his address was that social media is a part of our lives. It is a part of how things are done now- and that is inevitable. But rather than get frustrated with the darkness that see on social media and cower away... we can fight the darkness, and SHARE GOODNESS. 

There are enough people who post negative things, pornographic images, vulgar language, inappropriate jokes, etc... There AREN'T enough people who share their TESTIMONIES, their TRIALS, and their UPLIFTING THOUGHTS. 

Elder Bednar invited us to flood social media with goodness. 

And I am SO EXCITED to do just that!! I even made a twitter account!! (I don't' know how to use it but I'm sure I'll figure it out.) Guys, the world is getting worse. I think we all know this. But now is the time to take a stand and be strong. 

I am proud and excited to #sharegoodness with the world. 

How are YOU going to share goodness??

XOXOXOXOXO,
Carmina Joy