Death had never been something that I wanted to think about- but is it something any of us really want to think about?
It's not so much the dying part that I was afraid of.... it's more the circumstance that I was afraid of..
For example:
"What if Jaron dies and me and Grant don't?"
"What if I die and Jaron and Grant don't?"
"What if me AND Jaron die and Grant doesn't?"
What if Grant dies and me and Jaron don't?"
"What if Jaron and Grant die and I dont?"
"What if me and Grant die and Jaron doesn't?"
"What if we all die?"... (well. That one wouldn't be so bad for us because we'd still be together)
I also knew dying will always be harder on the people you leave behind... not necessarily for the person, or people, who actually died.
It was scary to think about and so I just didn't think about it. I am young. I have a young family.. I feel like we just barely got started with life.. I didn't want to think about it ending. So I pushed it into the back of my mind and let it be.
One night my sister in law talked to Jaron and I about getting life insurance. She wasn't trying to scare us or pressure us into it- she just wanted us to know that we always had the opportunity. Life insurance was something we knew we'd get (especially because we were with Primerica at one point and we knew about the amazing things they could do).. but we always knew we'd get it eventually.
And once again.. we kind of just told her... eventually.
The other night Jaron approached me and told me he had been thinking a lot and he just felt that getting life insurance was an important thing for us to do. Money is always going to be tight- that just wasn't going to be a valid excuse anymore. Especially for something as important as this. Especially now that we have Grant in our lives. So, we went over to my brother and sister in laws and signed up for life insurance.
I was so surprised at how EASY it was!! We answered a few questions (I don't even remember half of them because we were having fun and watching Man vs. Wild at the same time) and boom. Done. Life... insured. Protected. Weight.... lifted.
Here is what I am getting at...
No matter who dies and who doesn't... I am not afraid to think about it anymore. :)
I am not afraid because I know that whoever is left behind is going to be taken care of.
Whoever is left behind won't be left with absolutely nothing.
It makes me SOOO happy and I am actually SO relieved! We got some pretty stinkin' amazing life insurance for a pretty stinkin' darn amazing price!!!
For BOTH Jaron and I we got $300,000 coverage for only $35 a month!! How fantastic is that?!
I learned (thankfully NOT the hard way) that life insurance IS an important thing to have. And I am so SO grateful that we have it now. :) I am so glad that Brett and Marissa are doing amazing things for families like ours with Primerica.
Guys, you might not want to think about this. I know I didn't want to think about it. But you don't want to think about it probably because you aren't insured. Trust me.. I can't even begin to explain the peace I felt once we finally decided to go forward with getting life insurance!
I want you to feel the peace and protection that I feel, PLEASE.. contact me!! Let's get you set up. :)
I love you all so much!
Carmina Joy