"Say cheese" yeilds quite ridiculous results from this kid, but I love this cheeser so much it hurts! His cute little nose wrinkle- oh! I die.
M O B I L I T Y :
Threat level-Danger.
Nothing is safe anymore. Nothing.
This boy has Inspector Gadget arms that can magically reach things that are "out of reach". He's learned how to climb up onto the couch all by himself. He's climbing up onto everything and anything he can now.
L A N G U A G E :
Grant impresses me every day with all the new things he can say! He's not only copying everything we say, but he's learning the meaning behind the words.
The other day he came up to me and said, "Gink!"
I just stared at him for a few seconds.. I was in a mixture of shock and disbelief.
To which he repeated again, looking straight at me, "A gink!"
I was right. The kid was actually asking me to get him a drink.
My baby! Agghh. Why is he growing up?! I love it and hate it so much.
Grant can count! It's pretty funny.. this is how it goes..
"wooon.
twooo.
feee.
fooow.
siiiix.
seeetee.
niiiii.
yay!
C."
Did you get that?
"1..2..3..4..6..7..9..Yay!..C."
He also says, "A..B..C"
Grant watches a show called "Super Why". It's a reading show. In the show the characters always spell out words, and the letters show up on the screen. Grant is obsessed with letters and he loves to point out letters, but doesn't quite know which are which (besides A, B, and C.)
If he sees letters on a shirt I'm wearing or the letters that spell his name on his wall, he will point to them and say "C... O...... C.....E!"
....everytime!
He loves to talk to his baby sister. Whenever he sees her he says, "Hi Geese! Hi Geese! Hi Geese!"
Oh this boy. He kills me!
A B I L I T I E S :
Grant is getting really good at building towers! He's always building or creating something! It's fun to see him think about what he's going to do next.
Jaron bought him one of those little kid basketball hoops the other day and Grant loves trying to shoot baskets. He goes up right underneath the basket, holds the ball up as high as he can and then drops it. (It's funny because he is so much shorter than the basket, so he's nowhere close!) He will grow into it though. For now he has a blast fetching the ball for Jaron and bringing it to him over and over again while Jaron shoots.
Jaron loves that game. ;)
L I K E S :
-Winnie the Pooh, Aristocats & Super Why
-To build towers.
-To play with his dinosaurs
-To play outside
-Blueberries
-Play-Dough
-Long baths
D I S L I K E S :
-Chris Heimerdinger's voice on the "Tennis Shoes Among The Nephites" audio tapes. Seriously- this boy screams when he hears him. He hates it so much!
F E E D I N G / C A R E :
We're working on having him feed himself with utensils, but I think that may be a ways off. He does like to feed himself though.
He is still taking two naps a day which I think may just be a tender mercy from heaven.
Grant loves having his teeth brushed, which is good because Jaron obsesses over the cleanliness of that boy's teeth!
N E W T R I C K S :
His newest trick is so cute! He does the actions for the song "The Wheels on the Bus." (Except he only knows the actions for the wheels and the wipers. We're working on 'mommies go shhh and coins go clink clink clink.)
"So now you've got a little taste of what I do... pretty dang exciting, eh?"
-C

