Last night was date night. Date night = Master Chef + Couch. I love Thursdays for that reason alone!
On last night's episode for the Elimination Challenge they made waffles.. and I looooooove waffles! Let's be real. Waffles are basically dessert you have for breakfast. Especially when you make homemade Belgian Waffles!
...Which is exactly what I did this morning.
I ran out of mah Krusteaz Mix so I thought I'd try making waffles from scratch. Siri found me this awesome recipe for Belgian Waffles, and it was so gooooooooood.
Too good. I died when I took the first bite. This is probably going to be "Birthday Breakfast" only because they were so sweet!
The recipe was way easy and I even already had all the ingredients! Let's get something straight- my kitchen isn't ever adequately stocked, so if I had the ingredients, odds are you do too!
You can find the recipe by clicking here.
Grant had his with blueberries (his favorite thing right now) and I tried mine with both- one time with blueberries and one time with strawberries.
Strawberries were better.
I really like sharing my "good finds". I hate when I waste ingredients on recipes that are a fluke. This was no fluke! Try it out! I'm sure you'll like 'em! We sure did!
Do you make special breakfast on birthdays? If so- what do you make? :)
I think this will be a fun tradition to start!
lol. I'm working on self-improvement. See me trying to be domestic?
(emphasis on "trying")
I figure I can only dump Cheerios in front of Grant and call it "breakfast" for so long... ;)
-C
P.s. I just wrapped up editing Emilee's new son's birth pictures! You should go see them! Go to my snazzy photography website by clicking here! You can see their pictures in my portfolio and I share some of my favorite shots in the blog section!