#whatyouare


It's New Years Eve tomorrow night and as I see everyone making New Years Resolutions...
I want to switch things up.

You see, I'm trying to fix my brain...
Because it's broken.
Well, my brain itself isn't broken (debatable depending on who you're talking to) but for sure my way of thinking is broken. More of us probably suffer from this than we probably realize.

Lately I have been trying to do the OPPOSITE of what I normally do. Think OPPOSITELY of how I normally think.

At the end of the year, we focus on what we want to be. Right??
Well, if you're like me.. that means you are focusing too much on what you're NOT. 

For example....

Resolution: Work out. = "I'm not happy with my body right now."
Resolution: Eat clean. = "I'm definitely overweight compared to so and so."
Resolution: Be a better mom. = "_______ is a good mom. I should be a good mom like her."
Resolution: Take more vacations. = "I'm not happy. I should go somewhere so I can be happy."

Just a few examples but am I right?

So tonight, instead of talking about what I want to be because of what I'm not-
I am going to list what I am. And I suggest you do the same. 

The world we live in spends 100% of it's time telling you what you're not.
You can't turn left or right without seeing or reading something that says
"Look Like This!"
"10 Tips to Act Like This!"
"You Need To Own This!"
"100 Ways You are Messing Up Your Kid/Life/Marriage and What To Do About It"

Pinterest. Instagram. Magazines. TV. It's EVERY. WHERE.

So stop it. Enough.
Let's start a New Tradition.

10 Things.
You may think that's a small number but you'll be surprised at how difficult it can be to come up with 10 things that you ARE. Why is it so easy to think of what you're not?

What. ARE. You.
What. are. you. ALREADY?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


I am Carmina.
I am a good mom.
I am a good wife.
I am a good daughter, sister, and friend.
I learned how to run a business this year.
I am creative.
I am a kind person.
I am joyful.
I am humble.
and I am a good at what I try to do.

Why was that SO HARD to write?? I'm not kidding... THAT WAS TOUGH.
And half of those things I typed I don't even know if I believed them.

I think it is important that we make a change. We need it.

I think it would do a world of good
if we were more kind to ourselves.

So please, do this with me. And spread the word.
Write your list.

#whatyouare