"can you see it?"



I look into the mirror...
and see her looking back at me.

She's young and inexperienced..
the world she's yet to see.

She wears a constant worry...
that she might make a mistake...
in the embarrassment she fears...
her social status it will take.

All she wants is to fit in...
to have friends to share...
and to know that she belongs...
that someone will always care.

----

I look into the mirror...
and see her looking back at me.

She's a beautiful young woman...
about to be set free.

She wears a constant hope...
that everything will be okay...
because she knows her Father in Heaven...
will help her on her way.

She'll go out on her own...
she'll try out her wings...
to make many choices...
and see what life will bring.

----

I look into the mirror...
and see her looking back at me.

She is a young bride...
it's her wedding day...
she almost can't believe.

She wears a constant smile...
that no one can take away...
because she feels her divinity...
on this special day.

She has found her forever...
and covenants she's made...
as long as she is virtuous...
she will have Heaven's aide.


----

I look into the mirror...
and see her looking back at me.

Now she is a mother...
how on earth can that be?

She wears a constant diligence...
she knows she must be strong...
as she raises precious blessings...
and teaches them right from wrong.

Although she's always tired...
and happiness can be hard to find...
she knows this is her calling...
and that gives her peace of mind.

----


I look into the mirror...
and see her looking back at me...
kind bright eyes, and deep wrinkles...
I can't believe this is what I see. 

She wears a constant longing...
this world can't satisfy...
she belongs in a different place...
that's up beyond the sky.

She is an old woman now...
her life is coming to a close...
soon she must say goodbye to everyone she knows.

She has lived the fullest life...
it has been good and long...
but now she goes to heaven...
to return where she belongs.

----

I see my reflection...
as I look into the Savior's eyes...
I am in awe...
I can't believe...
So I begin to cry.

I am beaming.
I am beautiful.
His countenance in my face...
no more scars and no more wrinkles...
every thing is in place.

But there isn't just outer beauty...
I have become far more...

I am a Daughter of the Living God,
I see it, like never before..

Jesus takes my face in his hands,
and asks,
"Child, why do you cry?"

"Why Lord?
To be this way...did I have to die?"

He shook his head, for he was sad..
and he began to say...

"I wish you could have only seen...
that you have always been this way."


Written by Carmina Hughes
March 2016

© Carmina Hughes and jaronandcarmina2.blogspot.com. 2016.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without expressed 
and written permission from this site's owner and author is strictly prohibited. 
Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and 
clear credit is given to Carmina Hughes and Carmina Joy the Blog 
with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.


Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
RLQM-DDLE-YMQE-APSW