

This was my FIRST EVER race! I have never even run a 5k! Weird huh?
I got called crazy, but this was so. much. fun. I don't even know that this post will do it justice. The course was so well thought out and put together.. I don't know- it was just FUN! I don't really know how else I can put it. The best part of this race is the camaraderie between all the athletes. Nobody in the Spartan race gets left behind. It's like you all of a sudden have a thousand instant friends just because you are in the race together. I think the best part of it all was doing it with a team. Having my friends and family by my side was fantastic.
My favorite obstacles were the barbed wire through the mud, and all the tall things we got to climb over. Not the walls though- I struggled with the walls. Oh- and the fire jump at the end! I can't say that I had ever jumped over open fire before... but now I have!When we were almost done, we had to climb a really, REALLY steep hill. It was basicallya mountain. Man that thing was tough.
When I got to the top, I sat down to catch my breath but I knew I still had a long way to go and they saved the HARDEST obstacles for last so I sat at the tip top of that hill and meditated. It was aaaawesome! After, I felt a surge of energy and seriously blasted through the last obstacles. I went so fast that nobody saw me cross the finish line. Jaron and the others all thought I would be farther back, but I wasn't. :P
I love being scared.
I love that feeling more than anything.
I love feeling scared because it gives me the chance to be brave, and being brave is the best feeling in the world. Looking something straight in the face that scares you to death-- and doing it anyway.
Someone asked me the other day why I decided to do the race.. well. There's your answer.
To challenge fear.
To feel bravery.
To achieve victory.
...but mostly to get a medal. I really wanted the medal. ;)
-C