The beauty of this song is that it can mean something different to whoever listens to it; it can even mean something different to the same person at different times, depending on what they are facing in their lives.
Today, this song is for me:
The young mother who lost it. The mom who yelled too much and spanked too hard. The mom who couldn't keep it together no matter how hard she tried. The mom who sunk to the floor and cried after her kids finally went to bed.
The mom who in the every day battle; lost this one.
At one point today, I felt bad for God.
I was losing it left and right because my toddler kept hitting the baby. Because he wouldn't listen. Because although everything I do is to help him, and to teach him how to be a good person, he screams and yells at my face; seemingly hating me.
During one of my many pleas to God today, I tearfully said,