In February we bought our very first home.
We have come such a long way.
It has taken me waaaaaay too long to write this post! I've been putting it off and putting it off because my house is always overrun with toys and kid messes and I have had projects that I have wanted to finish first.
We found the house and everything lined up and worked out perfectly. The sellers were so sweet, the process was so smooth, and it was obvious that this was absolutely it.
This was going to be home.
Everything. Everything. about this place was perfect.
The location, the neighborhood, the neighbors, the yard.. all of it! We immediately fell in love and still are!
Our front room is spacious and the bottom floor sports the "open concept" layout.
Now I know there is a lot of weird lighting going on here so I am sorry about that! It's the best I could do because I took these pictures so late in the day.
LOOK! Do you see my window?!
I love my windows. So much natural light.
I love walking to my big window in the morning and flinging those drapes open like a flippin Disney Princess. It's the best!
Hands down my favorite piece of furniture in my whole house is my barn wood TV console. I started building it, but recruited my brother-in-law's help and he totally re-did everything and made it a million times better. He totally read my mind and brought it to life!
He is opening a custom furniture business so if you need ANYTHING made- Tyler Weeks is your guy. You won't be disappointed!
Do you remember the chalkboard that I re-purposed from an old painting? There it is! You see it right as you walk in, which I love. :)
Our kitchen is my new favorite place.
Okay, basically every room in the house is my favorite place!
I love our kitchen. I have developed a love for cooking, which is crazy because I used to absolutely loathe it. It's crazy what happens when you get a range stove. It's absolute magic. Every day I channel my inner Gordon Ramsey and I've seriously made stuff like "Chicken Cordon Bleu Crepes with a Hollandaise Drizzle Garnished with Fresh Parsley". And boy, it was gooooood.
My second favorite piece of furniture is my beautiful shelf. I don't know if you remember me posting about it in the past, but FYI... Tyler also made that. So seriously. He is the best.
All of my little trinkets on top, and my barstools- came from D.I. :) Thrift shopping is the peanut butter to my jelly. You can never go wrong spending literally dollars and cents for what other people will pay $40+. !
I refinished the bar stools myself. When I bought them two were horribly spray painted white and one was black, and the cushions were brown and stained.
With a little sanding, Rust-e-oleum wood stain and some cute fabric and they were brand new!
I know, I know. Two huge chalkboards. But I couldn't help it.
This one, I made completely from scratch. I have tons of scrap lumber in my garage and one day I went out and made this for an empty wall in the kitchen.
Sometimes it has menus, sometimes quotes.
Just depends on what I'm feelin!
Lately- I've needed this quote.
We feel so incredibly blessed to live here. It still feels like a dream most days!
It's my castle. This is my home.
I will cover the rest of the house soon. My guest bathroom has a pallet wall that the previous owners did- and gracious I just love to look at it.
Love, Carmina





