LuLaRoe Collaboration + Amelia Dress GIVEAWAY

Usually I post a little somethin somethin here, maybe a joke or anything to just ease into the post on a light note BUT. I'm sick, can't breathe, haven't slept... all that good stuff. So let's just dive in.

I think the best part of this post is probably going to be how brutally honest I'm going to be. I love blogging, love and respect my readers, and never in a million years for any reason whatsoever would I ever try to pull the wool over your eyes. 

So. if you are anything like I was.. the only reason you're even reading this right now after you saw LuLaRoe-  is because you also saw the giveaway part of the title. 
I first saw the LuLaRoe name about four years ago, but because we were diluting our dish soap to make it last longer and not even buying bread half the time, I scrolled right on past it. Oh those good old newlywed days. 
Around a year later, the name started popping up more frequently. More of my friends + blogger friends were either wearing or selling it, and it peaked my interest. 

If you're anything like me, you also do some digging before you attend any kind of party, make any purchase, or go anywhere or do anything new. 

So I went to the LuLaRoe website to see what all this was about. 

Yes the clothes were adorable! 
Yes I loved the patterns!
Yes they were absolutely my style! 

... then I saw the price tag. 

big nope. 

and that's where it ended for me. 
I never looked on the website again and I never attended any of the 30 parties I was invited to.
I watched as a silent bystander while more and more LuLaRoe popped up in my feed, as more and more of my friends started to sell it. As it got bigger and bigger and bigger- I ignored it completely. 
I ignored groups, the party invitations and I especially ignored all of the magical LuLaRoe promises about the fit of their clothing that always accompanied the posts.  

Because of the price tag. 


Fast forward. 

My friend Tara reached out and suggested we do a collaboration together. I love Tara, so of course I wanted to do it for her, but I also couldn't silence my years long curiosity of the company and their clothing- so I thought I really didn't have anything to lose, and now was as good time as any to finally try.

She invited me to come to her home to pick out a dress for the collaboration.  
I had Grant and Grace with me, so if you're wondering, yes. I was already on the edge. 
She took me through her inventory and told me about each style. When I asked her what size I should look for and she told me I could fit in a small I literally laughed out loud. 
After being pregnant for basically two years in a row... let's just say the things that have stretched are going to stay stretched. I usually buy clothes in Large just to hide the little glories of motherhood here and there. 

After picking out a few dresses in a few different sizes, it was time for me to try them on. 

Let me add in a little side note here. I told you that I had my kids with me right? Well Grace was doing what Grace usually does and she was absolutely SCREAMING. Throwing the biggest fit, for who knows why. I was about to cue the mom sweats, but Tara kindly asked how she could help. She went and got fruit snacks for my kids and hers. 
Because we were in her home, because she is a mother herself, the way she helped take care of my kids was in such a loving and second nature manner that she instantly put my anxieties to rest. 
You guys, 
I don't go shopping with my kids. I don't even go to certain parks or even walks with my kids. A three year old and a two year old (next month) you can imagine the chaos they leave in their wake. I always worry about one of them getting hurt or lost because if I turn my head for one second they're OUT. If I try to keep them in a cart or a stroller, you know-for their safety..how could I!?, they cry and scream like I just stuck duct-tape over their eyes and ripped it off. 
Once, Grant was crying so hard and screaming so loud and flailing around like you wouldn't believe- I was followed and cornered by WalMart employees because 
THEY THOUGHT I WAS KIDNAPPING HIM.
It wasn't until he called me mom that they called off their chase. But that's a story for an entirely different time. 

Shopping at Tara's house was like a trip to the Bahamas. I didn't have to stress. That alone.. was huge. 

Oh but we're only getting started. 
...Then I put on my very first piece of LuLaRoe clothing. 
An Amelia dress... and yes. In a small. AND IT FIT. 

I ended up by choosing a Gray Amelia in a Medium, for the length of the skirt.
It changed the shopping experience entirely having Tara there. She knows those clothes. Having someone who was so knowledgeable about the clothes and how they would translate to me, just by looking at me-- was so impressive. AND made the whole experience so. much. fun!  

The last time I went shopping for clothes and smiled like that was the day I bought my wedding dress- because that was the very first and last time I had a clothing consultant take that much notice and put forth that much care towards me- 
Until I shopped with Tara.

 You know those magical LuLaroe promises I talked about before? 
THEY. ARE. REAL.  


I buy 100% polyester shirts all the time because they flow away from the body and just are a really flattering material for that matter- I was stepping FAR out of my comfort zone trying on anything that wasn't 100% polyester. I was skeptical putting it on but I was SHOCKED at how good the dress looked! 
Every dress that I tried on, even though they were in different sizes, felt like it was taylor made just for me. 
No bunching or bulging. 
No folding. 
No riding. 

And soooooo (almost ridiculously) comfortable! And for a dress that looks like that? Usually, you have to sacrifice comfort. LuLaRoe changed that!




Pockets. 
That's all I have to say about that. 

I really can't talk enough about how comfortable this dress is. I've got a story just to illustrate my point--
On Easter Sunday we went to my parent's house for an Easter Egg hunt and lunch. I was wearing this dress of course! While we were there we were just together, having a good time, relaxing.. everyone was in their "comfy clothes". 
But my mom, being a mother, always concerning herself with my well-being and comfort level, kept asking me if I wanted to go upstairs and borrow some of her clothes to change. 
The first time she asked I said, "No it's okay mom, this dress is really comfortable. Thank you." 

The look on her face told me she didn't believe me lol. So of course, a while later she asked again. 
"Are you suuuuuure you don't want to go change?" 

"Mom really, this dress is REALLY comfortable. I'm serious! I wear it all the time- it's like pajamas!" 
..... she still didn't believe me because she left it with-
"...okay well you know where my clothes are."

lol

It used to be-
Look good. Feel good.

Sacrificing comfort for style is out- because with LuLaRoe you really look good WHILE you literally feel good, which makes you really REALLY feel good! 


I LOVE this dress. 
I LOVE these clothes. 
I'm a LuLa-believer and a few days later I actually bought a T-Shirt from Tara, something that like I said before- I never would have done-  but I did it WITHOUT question or hesitation. 
Yup- you guessed it. It's my favorite shirt. :) And no-- it isn't 100% polyester. ;) 
You guys. GO. Try on the clothes. Be there. DO it. I am telling you right now that you will not regret it! 

Here's what we're excited about! 
We're teaming up to give away THAT DRESS. The Amelia! 



Follow instructions below to enter! All entries WILL BE VERIFIED! :D
Good luck!!!
:):)
-C

a Rafflecopter giveaway