How Our New Life Is Going

Well. We're about 2 months deep into Jaron's first semester.
I've wanted to go to Disneyland for like.... well. since we left the park last year. But I'm on so much of a roller coaster with life all by itself that I really don't need a theme park, I guess.

We've had good weeks and bad weeks. 
Good weeks are when Jaron gets good grades. 
Bad weeks are when Jaron gets bad grades. lol 
He worries so much about his GPA, and it's funny because the one time he got a poor grade on an assignment for his Chem lab (bad week) it was actually because he did too much work.

Besides that we're still adjusting. I thought we would be adjusted by now, and I guess in some ways we are. 
Or maybe we are all the way adjusted, but I'll never adjust to missing him. 
That's probably something that's here to stay for a while. 
A 13 year while. lol 

I was able to visit a little with Lynne Anderson on Sunday, and those Andersons just have a way of saying exactly what I need to hear. She said that Elder Russel M. Nelson said,

"I could be 13 years older with a degree, or 13 years older without one. I chose with."  
That's one thing I tell myself when I start to feel overwhelmed with this road we're on. Life is short anyway, so spending a decade in school won't feel like that much in the end. Right?

So
I've picked up quilting. 
Like. 
BAD. 

I quilt so much. 
I have substituted Jaron for quilting. lol 
It sounds bad but it's true. All the time we used to spend just being together is now gone. Classes, homework.... homework. 
So I set up my little quilting station in the same room that he does his homework. At least we're in the same room so technically that counts as being together. 

I love quilting! It's a happy addiction. 

About a month ago I bought some cute jelly rolls off Amazon because what can't you get off Amazon these days?
I just looooooooooved this one. And I got a plain white solid, because I tweaked the pattern I'm following to get some diamond effects. 


It's really nice because all the fabric's patterns are cohesive. Not matching. But cohesive. Which would have taken me a bajillion years to figure out by myself. 


I tried quilting about two years ago and it was horrendous. Math is necessary people. Numbers are important. My sewing machine's quarter inch mark is soooo hard to see while you have fabric on there so I actually took a little mail label sticker and put it where the quarter inch mark is so that I can see it better. It's kind of hard to see, but it's there and helped so much with precision!


I kind of was really bad at taking pictures because I was having so much fun just doing it. So there is totally a big gap between these two images lol.


See the diamond effect I was telling you about? :)




I've got quite a bit done, I just have 8 long strips to sew together and my quilt top will be done. I'm really scared to bind it but It should be fine. Slow and steady wins the race. lol
So there you have it.
That's what I've been doing the past two months.

Besides dancing!
Kalamity practices for our December concert are in full swing. I'm sick as a dog and have been for a few weeks now but we don't have very long to practice so we all go sick anyway. I'm SO EXCITED!! I'm so excited for this concert and even more I'm excited for my friends and family, people from my hometown to be introduced to this super awesome thing.

But yeah, like I said. I'm sick as a dog right now.
That's why I'm blogging.
I'm forcing myself to sit still and rest.
I have a million things to do but I'm going to take an easy day today so I can hopefully kick this sickness before we move on Saturday.

Surprise!!

We're moving this Saturday.
Do I have anything packed? no.
Are my boxes even in the shapes of boxes? no.
Am I ready? no.
Will Jaron be here this weeked? no.

But it's happening!

It's the ONLY weekend we can move before we have to contractually be out. We didn't really look at our work/school schedules until Saturday and that's when we realized it was crunch time captain.
So like I said.
Easy day today so hopefully I can just grind the next 4 days.

OH. Another update.
This could be a long story but I'll just make it as short as I can.

We got into low income housing out in Hurricane, they told us it was a go to sell the house, were going to sign the lease, but we overqualified because Charles go a job, which made no sense because we were told one thing but anyway.. blah blah. doesn't matter anyway. So for about an hour we were afraid that we had no where to go. But Charles and Whisper came to the rescue and we are going to rent Susan Saltzman's house in Ivins!
HUGE blessing.
HUGE yard.
HUGE miracle. 
It's amazing. It was just the craziest thing how this whole process went about but we are blessed because of the Lord. We see His hand in all things, ALL. THE. TIME.
Taking leaps of faith are scary but man. They DO pay off.
All this typing made me tired....er. So I think I'm gonna sneak a nap while my kids nap and pray that I wake up miraculously not sick lol.

-C