This morning I was asked to cough up my garage door opener and keys.
Our house {which isn't actually our house anymore so why do they say that?} sold. We signed the final closing documents today.
I wrote this a couple weeks ago- but never posted it. I guess I could just do it now...
Our house {which isn't actually our house anymore so why do they say that?} sold. We signed the final closing documents today.
I wrote this a couple weeks ago- but never posted it. I guess I could just do it now...
A month ago I was knocking on the overhead of my porch listening for a slight difference in sound as I looked for a beam so that I could build and install a porch swing. I imagined all four of us cuddled together under the fuzzy purple blanket the title company gave us as a gift a year and a half ago when we bought this house, drinking hot chocolate, swinging gently, maybe telling stories or just watching cars drive by.
It's 3:53am.
We're moving in the morning and I can't sleep.
I keep waking up and waking up and every time I do I'm not tired at all.
Which NEVER happens. I'm known for being able to drop on the spot WHEREVER. WHENEVER.
Hash tag- napped on benches outside space mountain once.
We're moving in the morning and I can't sleep.
I keep waking up and waking up and every time I do I'm not tired at all.
Which NEVER happens. I'm known for being able to drop on the spot WHEREVER. WHENEVER.
Hash tag- napped on benches outside space mountain once.
Part of me is starting to think that maybe I just want to BE in my home a little longer, be awake and present for these last moments of living here.
Out of all the places we've lived, which - if you're new to our story is SEVEN...
I've loved this place the most. It doesn't even compare to anything else.
I remember we were in Provo visiting Kayli and Tyler when Jaron showed me the listing for the house.
I didnt really care to entertain the idea because 1. I "loved" where we lived. The Buena Vista Townhouse felt like a mansion to me, compared to the #rathole we lived in before. And 2. We had already been in the house hunting game for a while and had put in offers on houses here and there that weren't even CLOSE to as new and nice as this one so my first thought was "yeah. riiiiiiiiiiight."
Sure enough, when we got back Jaron set up an appointment to look at it. I told him I'd go- but my heart was far away.
I didn't get all excited, I didn't imagine my furniture in it when we walked through, and I only said "oh, that's nice." when Jaron pointed out the pallet wall in the guest bathroom.
I didn't let myself, or even want to at that point, want to picture our lives there. We had been through it before and I each time it didn't work out I was so disappointed.
I didn't let myself, or even want to at that point, want to picture our lives there. We had been through it before and I each time it didn't work out I was so disappointed.
I let him put in an offer. I participated in the negotiations but I remained sceptic and distant the whole time.
Until the moment came. And I stared in disbelief as they handed us the keys. When we walked into this house for the first time, I couldn't believe it.
I've woken up every single day, and every time we come home from anything and drive up to this house... all the time I still can't believe it. We've been so blessed to have been able to have this place as our home.
I installed a tri-fold mirror in my bathroom. After 4 years I FINALLY could see the back of my head while doing my hair.
I painted my front door Robin's Egg Blue. At church once my neighbor Lupe said that every time she drove by and saw our blue door next to all the brown homes on the street in made her smile.
Me too Lupe... me too.
We fenced in our cute tiny little yard so that Grant and Grace could run around...
We fenced in our cute tiny little yard so that Grant and Grace could run around...
Of all the projects I couldn't wait to do - that's all we did..
I didn't ever think we'd leave soon.
I just wanted to make sure I wrote down as much as I could.. my favorite memories, so that I don't ever forget.
Doing projects in the garage with Kayli and Tyler and building our CRAZY GORGEOUS sliding barn door entertainment center. Still get people asking where we got it to this day!
Also just projects-- I did so many projects. Shelves, the barstools... chalkboards..
Also just projects-- I did so many projects. Shelves, the barstools... chalkboards..
Playing cards at the kitchen table that we re-finished, with Jaron and Charles almost every night for weeks, maybe months. Monopoly deal mostly. And the ape noises they'd make when someone played a Deal Breaker but got Just Say No-ed. "You've just been shammed"
Which brings us to
Watching Series of Unfortunate Events.. This is Us and ugly crying together, America's Got Talent watching Grace Vanderwaal win, and Vidangeling just about every movie ever, every single night before the company went down for a while. "It's just mo watuh".
We danced around the front room to the Moana soundtrack over and over before the movie came out on DVD.
Which brings us to
Watching Series of Unfortunate Events.. This is Us and ugly crying together, America's Got Talent watching Grace Vanderwaal win, and Vidangeling just about every movie ever, every single night before the company went down for a while. "It's just mo watuh".
We danced around the front room to the Moana soundtrack over and over before the movie came out on DVD.
Grace started walking here.
... but both the kids grew here.
... but both the kids grew here.
Jaron and I tag teaming bed time, and singing pop corn popping over and over, watching the kids clumsily doing the actions.. and Grant's "smell SOOOOO sweet" that Jaron mimicked too, that always made me laugh.
Grant also never let me sing Army of Helaman, he loved it so much but it was "Daddy's We Have-uh Born".
So only Jaron could sing it.
Grant also never let me sing Army of Helaman, he loved it so much but it was "Daddy's We Have-uh Born".
So only Jaron could sing it.
Grace learned how to ride her scooter here, and Grant his tricycle.
.....I never finished it.
That post, I mean.
Probably because it made- and makes- me a little sad still.
We have so many happy memories of that house, and the way we lived there.
But I guess that's the good thing about memories, if you write them down, nobody can take them away from you.
:)
"Don't cry because it's over-
smile because it happened."
-Dr. Seuss









