Pumpkin Patches, Beaches, Piers, a Birthday Boy and Visitors!


     Last weekend we were spoiled rotten because we got a visit from Jaron's mom and brother. It was so good to have them here with us for a few days- even if it reminded us of how homesick we actually are.

We packed so much into that single weekend that I'm surprised any of us were left standing by Sunday.
 Thursday, Oct. 11 was Jaron's 26th Birthday! My favorite part of his birthday was when we picked him up from school after the kids and I had already picked up Treva and Patrick from the airport. Jaron had the biggest smile on his face when we pulled up. 😊 Then, we went to the Zoo, and I guess I was just too thrilled about our visitors being there that I forgot to take any pictures! 🙈
After the Zoo we went to Olive Garden to eat dinner to celebrate the birthday boy. I want more bread sticks just thinking about it.

Friday was a chill day. Patrick and Treva went and checked out Jaron's school while the kids and I did absolutely nothing. It was good, because they really needed naps that day!

Saturday was a big huge day.
We started off by going to a pumpkin patch so that the kids could pick out some pumpkins. They had so much fun there and it was really cute to see them pick out their own pumpkins. Kids make life better- honestly. They make it hard, but better.

    We were going to go to Half Moon Bay's Pumpkin Festival and Parade.... but it turns out that everyone in the Bay Area decided to do that very same thing. After a few hangry exchanges between Jaron and myself, we decided to ditch our original plan and go to the beach.
It turned out to be a really good idea because there was hardly anyone at the beach. The only people around us were these few guys fishing.... with pretty hilarious technique I might add.


You know what I learned??
Our favorite beach is in the Red Triangle.
The Red Triangle is an area in central Cali where there are the absolute most Great White Shark attacks on humans. It's because of the plentiful amount of sea lions, seals.. etc... that live here. It's mostly a case of mistaken identity.. but the red triangle makes up for like 30% of the nations entire Great White Shark attacks or something crazy like that.
I bet you also didn't know that I think sharks are like crazy cool.... and I really want to see one someday. Preferably not munching on my leg though.
            Don't worry, we haven't ever gone swimming while at the beach. Every time we have come, even in the middle of summer, the water is freezing! So we just run away from the waves. 💦

         After the beach, we drove to San Francisco to Pier 39 where we did touristy stuff and just enjoyed ourselves. 😊
The weekend went by too fast. Sunday we went to church and then had to take Treva and Patrick back to the airport. Sunday was not my favorite.
BUT. We are planning on visiting for Christmas break, and we even have a countdown chain. It can't come soon enough!

Love, Carmina