Valentines Day Promise

Hands down- the most stressful "photoshoot" of my life. 

I can be the anxious mom- fussing over every detail, wanting everything to be perfect while frustrated that when the camera came out their ears fell off... 

I can be the photographer- settings correct, master the lighting and be happy, bouncy and tickle tickle tickle to try and get genuine smiles...

But guys. It is a complete freak show when I have to be both.
















The only person who didn't cry at some point while trying to get these pictures was Grant. 🙈
 It was a mess.

After saying lots of sorrys, taking a long break, letting Via take a nap, and finding Grace's underwear- we did it. We got the pictures.

My favorite one is this one of all three of them.
They're not looking at the camera... they're looking right at me.




I got another one that was perfectly composed and they were perfectly posed- but their smiles were pasted.
But in this moment, I stopped being the anxious mom and I stepped into silly photographer mode. But what they saw was silly-mom.

That's where those genuine smiles came from.

Their faces tell me all I need to know...

I run around trying so hard to give them all I never had...
I want them to be more than I am..
I want them to have everything...
I want them to have successful and happy futures...

and all they want... is silly-mom.

My Valentines present and promise to them this year is that for the rest of this week, I'm going to put forth REAL effort into laying down busy-get-it-done-fast-mom, and be silly-mom.

Happy Valentines Day!