A serving of protein, fruit and veggies for breakfast?
They're clean!
They're easy!
They're quick!
They're fun!
And they check off the nutrition boxes without any fights from the kids!
These green pancakes are such a win that we often have them for dinner too! 🙈
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 lg eggs {or chia eggs if you're egg free, see below}
- 1 lg banana
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 dash real salt
- 2 cups gluten free dry rolled oats {I love Bob's Red Mill!}
- 1 packed cup of organic spinach
- 2 Tbs flaxseeds (This is optional but look into the benefits of flaxseed and perhaps it will change your mind! I like to throw it in there for so many reasons!!)
- Add ingredients in their listed order into your high powered blender.
- While blender is going, heat your nonstick skillet to medium heat
- Make your pancakes as usual!
We love to top these with pure maple syrup, or frozen berries!💚
The base of this recipe is from the Fixate show on Beachbody, but I tweaked it here and there to be what my family needed! I added the spinach for a fun way to sneak a serving of veggies into the kiddos, and when I choose to go egg free, sometimes I will use chia eggs* instead.
Hope you love these as much as we do!
We strive to eat foods as close to their natural state, with as little processing as possible! Clean eating, if you will. Jaron was on this choo choo train long before I was- I always thought it didn't matter what you ate.
The past few years I have observed that our physical, spiritual and mental beings are all inseparably connected. Of course we know that eating well helps us physically, and some know it helps you mentally, but I attest that it does bring heightened awareness and blessings mentally and spiritually. It increases your ability to feel joy, and feel the spirit!
Just my experience and opinion! Try it and see if you agree!
Carmina
*Chia Egg Recipe:
1 TBsp Chia Seeds + 2.5 TBsp water = 1 chia "egg"
Mix, allow to sit in water about 5 mins or until thickened and eggy!
