1 : The Setting of My Story

Some people believe we chose;⁣
others think we were assigned.⁣
Perhaps it is a combination of the two…⁣
Either way, I am grateful, God, for the setting of my story!⁣
Everything about my beginning was small:⁣
On September 23, 1993 I came to earth in a very small body. ⁣
I was barely 5 lbs at birth.⁣
I came to Gary + Felisa Erickson, a loving mother and father with sufficient, yet very small means. ⁣
I was born in a very small town, ⁣
and was raised in a very small town. ⁣
Just as any story, because of the setting of mine- I have seen sunshine, meadows of green and lovely spring color. Yet, I also have climbed steep jagged mountain cliffs, shivered through the dark chill of the blackest night, and descended to the lowest, most hopeless valleys. ⁣
But the ruggedness of my terrain was not without purpose. God planted me here, in this very place, at this very time, and to these very people because He knew it was where I would be nurtured by light AND by storm- to grow.⁣
I thank You God, every day for the setting of my story! I dont know if I chose it… but if i did, I would choose it over and over and over again because I wouldn't be me or have the life I have now if it didnt begin… right here. ⁣
"I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;I will show forth all thy marvelous works." ⁣
(For the next 7 days 😉)⁣
Psalm 9:1⁣
#GiveThanks⁣