13 Weeks: It's a . . .


I am sooooooo EXCITED! :D

Helllllllllooo 13 weeks! 
I now feel much better! (except when I eat mexican food... that always seems to make its way back up.) My energy levels have s l o w l y crept back up. I still do take at least one nap a day, but it's usually only for an hour or so! Everything is starting to feel back to normal! Except for one thing... MY BABY BUMP! That little gut popped out around week 12. :) I have to wear fat pants all the time, but my normal shirts all still fit pretty well. :) Jaron says that my belly button looks different- it's still an innie, but he's right.. it's like huge now. It's kind of gross! My butt is also getting bigger.. or my hips.. or both! 

Eeeeaarrrlllyy this morning Jaron and I made our way up to St. G for our Dr. appointment. 
We got there and the lady weighed me (I've only gained ONE pound.. weird right?) and took my blood pressure and told us the doc would be in with us in a sec. I said, "Wait, aren't we getting an ultrasound?"  The lady said, "Well no, I don't see here that you are scheduled for one.. but let me check." and she left the room. Jaron was kinda mad because he really wanted an ultrasound and he said that if she came back and still said no that I'd better ask for one. I was pretty disappointed that we might have gone home without even seeing our baby... what a waste of a drive to St. G.. 
The lady came back and told us that we were right and that we were gonna go down the hall to get an ultrasound. YAY! I got excited all over again! 

She put the (don't mind my medical terminology) thingy on my belly and this is what we saw!


It was AMAZING and I started crying because it actually looks like a baby now! And every time she'd move the thingy around or I'd giggle the baby would move their arms and legs and wiggle around and it was so precious to see! I told the lady I could watch it all day long! :) It was a miracle to see!! :) 

Then Jaron asked, "Is it too early to tell what it is?"
The lady said, "Oh we can tell! Do you want to know?" 
Jaron says, "Well yeah!" 

Yup. I cried more. 
When she told us what it was I immediately looked over at Jaron who was sitting in a chair against the wall. The look that came on his face made me cry even harder. It was a look that I haven't seen since last year on June 16, while we were in the temple getting married. That same look of pure happiness came across his face and I knew in that moment that although it wasn't what I was expecting... It was perfect and I wouldn't have it any other way!  





xoxoxo,
Carmina :)