Baby No. 2 // What You've Missed


I feel horrible. As most of you probably already know, when I was pregnant with Grant I did these cute weekly pregnancy chalkboard updates
But, with baby girl... all she's gotten are dirty bathroom mirror selfies. I know things are different now- instead of sitting around twiddling my thumbs and watching What Not to Wear all day like last time, I now not only have a baby but I also have two thriving businesses on top of taking care of all of my other motherly household duties. So I shouldn't beat myself up about it..... but what can ya do? 
I totally COULD do the chalkboard update thing, but the photographer in me is too picky and there just isn't a place in this basement apartment with the right background, lighting etc.. 

Aaaaaaaanyway... on with the post!

Baby girl is quite... well... she definitely is already a handful that's for sure. Here's how the pregnancy is going so far...

How far along: 20 WEEKS!! HALFWAY HOOOOOORRAYYYY! 
(crazy. How am I already halfway done? Where did that time go??)

Total Weight Gain: We've gained only 5 lbs so far! 

Clothing: Ugh. Let's not talk about that. Mostly I wear leggings. (which I used to love but now am completely sick of because that's basically all I can wear.) My maternity pants from last time don't quite fit because my hips have already started to widen. I also don't feel like shelling out hundreds of dollars for maternity pants so.... woohoo. leggings. Bet you a dollar that next time you see me....I'll be wearing leggings. I do have some cute maternity tops so I guess that balances it out ;)

Stretch Marks: No new developments, but I still have a lot from Grant. However, because of my Posh body butter they are fading quickly! Thank goodness for that!

Sleep: Sleeping well!! Except the past couple nights I've had to get up a few times to use the bathroom because Jaron and I have been drinking yummy smoothies before bed. Night time smoothie time with my sweetheart is basically the best part of my day:)

Best Moment of this Week: Well, I think tomorrow and Friday will be the best because we will be celebrating Mr. Grant's FIRST BIRTHDAY! We aren't doing anything big, but I am really excited! 

Things I miss: I want to work out hard. Like the kind of work out where you push yourself well past the point of wishing you were dead. The kind of workout where you are sweating like crazy and you have that thick spit in your throat. I want to do that so bad. But... that's not quite acceptable while pregnant so walking and pansy prego yoga will have to be it. 
I also MISS DAIRY! This little miss has made me lactose intolerant so I haven't had dairy for a little while and I just want to swim in cheese and crackers. 

Movement: She is very gentle! I do feel her move but they are so light and fluttery feeling! Grant used to kick really really hard, so when he moved he really moved! Sometimes I worry when I don't feel her, but I think she's just so gentle that I have to really pay attention to feel her. 

Food Cravings: I really could go for a Mango Madness smoothie from Jamba Juice right about now!

Anything make you queasy or sick?: Nope! Nothing!

Have you started showing? Yup!

Gender: Girl!!

Labor signs: Nada!

Belly Button in or out?: In!

Wedding ring on or off?: On! 

Happy or moody most of the time?: Happy! Happy! oh sooooo happy!!!!

Looking forward to: Grant's birthday tomorrow, my prenatal appointment also tomorrow, my big Posh order hopefully arriving at any minute now(!!!) and Grant's little birthday get together! I also ordered my first Chatbook tonight and I am really excited for it to get here!!

And there you have it- your first baby update.... at 20 weeks... lol.

Love, 

Carmina Joy