On January 9th, we celebrated Grant's first birthday! I didn't want to make it a huge deal, just because as a photographer I've done plenty of "cake smash" shoots to know that babies don't exactly like it the way you think they will. lol Anyway, we had a really fun time just having a small little get together with our family and some friends.
We sang Grant Happy Birthday, and then Jaron smashed Grant's hands into the small cake.... he didn't like it. At all. And for some reason, I got more cake on me (and my new outfit.) than Grant did! So, Grant had a bath and I changed, and then we Skyped with one of our favorite people, Yvette. Grant spent the night by being adored by his four beautiful girlfriends and of course, everybody else. It was so much fun to have everyone we love together, and it really was a blast!
Our Grant Lincoln got so spoiled with lots and lots of clothes, and one of his favorite gifts was the big bag of suckers from Uncle Topher. Grant doesn't get suckers often, but when he does..he loves them. He also got bath toys, more clothes, a car toy and a wagon!
As for the "adults", we had pizza, lots of seriously delicious Costco cake, and ice cream. We talked and laughed and told stories and it was just a fun night!
Grant was pooped by the end of it all.. and so was I!
| Grant with Jaron's Boss's Daughters |
| Jaron's Boss and friend Andrea with her kids and my Dad |
| L to R Patrick, Jaron's childhood friend Levi Mickelson, ?, Shawni and Grandma Treva |
| Grant, Wowa, and Mattea |
| Happy Grandmas |
I can't believe I have a ONE YEAR old.. and in a few months, we will have another baby! aaaah! Crazy stuff! But still, so exciting!!
Love,
Carmina Joy