With my mom being Filipino and my dad having served his mission in the Philippines, I grew up on Filipino food! We had it eeeeeevery day. You know how Mac n' Cheese or Chicken Noodle Soup is your comfort food? Well, Pansit is my comfort food!
My mom always makes it for big events and parties. It is her way of sharing her culture with people.
They love it. We love it.. and you'll love it! It's so quick and easy and sooooooo yummy.
My mom passed this recipe on to me, and now I am passing it on to you.
Ingredients:
-3 carrots
-3 stalks of celery
-1 onion
-whole chicken
-oriental noodles
-2 cups of chicken broth
-2 TBS vegetable oil
-Salt
*Tips: Oriental noodles are hard to come by, I know.
But you can replace them with ramen noodles if you are desperate!
You can add snap peas or cabbage to this recipe!
You don't have to use a whole chicken. Sometimes I use thighs, drumsticks or even chicken breasts. I try not to use chicken breasts though because they end up dry. The best chicken to use is chicken with boooones.
Instructions:
1. Boil chicken with 1 TSP salt until cooked. Save your chicken stock
2.Chop onions and celery. Cut carrots thin. Mince garlic.
3. Skin & de-bone chicken, shredding to desired size.
4. Warm wok (or large frying pan) with oil.
5. Saute onions & garlic.
6. When onions brown, add carrots and celery.
7. Add shredded chicken and chicken stock. Allow to simmer. Bring to boil.
8. In your wok, bring all ingredients to a pile on one side. Add noodles to the
other side. Cover noodles with veggies and chicken and mix until noodles
absorb all water or are soft.
and waaala! You just became a Filipino chef. ;)
E N J O Y!
Here is a download of a printable recipe card for you as well!


