Grant Lincoln: 18 Months


Grant is at my absolute FAVORITE age right now. He is so so so much fun to be around! He's just the best. :) I am soaking it all in every day because I know he's going to keep growing so fast. He changes so much every day... it's crazy. 

M O B I L I T Y : 

He's doing it all. Crawling, walking, running (look out B-ville 4th races), skipping, hopping, dancing, climbing... he's everywhere! 
It's still my favorite to watch him dance though. :)

L A N G U A G E : 

In sign language we know the necessities.. Please and Thank You.  

But as for him talking... well.. let's just say he isn't EVER quiet. He's always speaking in gibberish. It's the cutest thing I've ever heard. BUT he is also our little parrot. He repeats a lot of the things that we say. 
For example, I will hand him a snack and say, "There ya go" and he repeats "Ey-a go." 
Or, today I said "Up, up and away!" and he repeated "Away! Away!" 

He knows his colors and recognizes them..
-yellow (his favorite) "ye-woh"
-blue "boo"
-purple "puw-puw"
-pink "gink"
-gold "gol" 

He knows his animals and what they say..
-kitty "keey" 
-meow "I would type the sound he makes but seriously he sounds EXACTLY like a cat lol." 
 -puppy "uppy" and sometimes "puppy"
-woof  "oof"

When he sees the chickens and cows he knows they say
"bock, bock, bock." and "moo"

Grant also has a lot of words that he knows how to use in the appropriate context...

-Hello "He-woh"
-"Hey!"
-Cracker "rackrr"
-"Nana"
-"What!"
-"No-no"
-Grandma "ma-maw"
-Grandpa "Pa-pa"
-Mommy "Monny"
-"buh-bye"
-Grace "Geese"
-"Hi sis"
-Please "pease"
-Love you "abu"
-"uh oh"
-Nap "ap"
-Book "cook"

A B I L I T I E S :

He is over his "destroying" phase and is now in the "building/putting away" phase. He loves to build with his big lego blocks, and he is now the master of putting things where he thinks they belong.
He knows diapers go in the garbage and loves to help out with that, but he also seems to think that some of his toys and Grace's burp rags belong in the utensils drawer.... so we will work on that ;)

He is learning how to put on his clothes, and he also has gotten pretty good at telling me when his diaper is dirty. (Basically he comes up to me and pulls at his pants and whines.)

L I K E S :

To swim.
To hide in the hall closet with Nana.
To go play with Grandmas and Grandpas.
To play in a big cardboard box.
To feed himself.
To watch Winnie the Pooh and Aristocats.
To read books.
... I don't know he likes a lot of things!


D I S L I K E S :

Me wiping his face.
Me telling him "no".
uh... that's all I can think of right now.

F E E D I N G / C A R E :

He eats almost anything. Even salad! Right now he doesn't like oatmeal, but he really likes sausage and eggs. He sleeps normally from 7pm-7am sometimes he'll sleep in but usually he's always up at 7, even if we put him to bed late. Sometimes he takes one nap, sometimes two... sometimes even three. I don't know, every day is different so I just go with the flow.

Grant has had tons of ear infections throughout his life, and now, of course... he has another one. So that seems to make him sleep more sometimes.

He's got I think 8 teeth? I don't know, he's always running around so it's hard to look in there lol.


N E W  T R I C K S :

I think right now I am just amazed at how much he speaks. It's so crazy. In the mornings when I walk in to get him he says "He-woh!" and when anyone leaves he says "buh-bye". When he gets my phone he always brings it to me and says "Pa-pa" because he loves talking to his grandpa on the phone.

He amazes me every day. He picks up on things so fast! I am so impressed with this little boy and I love him so so much! 

Speaking of Grant... he just woke up. 

So TTFN... ta-ta-for-now!

(Did I mention Winnie the Pooh was his favorite?)