Kokopelli Triathlon 2015


  
 Last Saturday my sweetheart competed in his very first triathlon! 
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh I have so much I could say.. So much that I want to say.. but I just can't find the words to say it. I just have so much going on inside that it is all jumbled up! 

I guess I could start by saying that I felt a brand new emotion that day. You see, I'm a totally a crier. People close to me know this. 
I've been so sad that I've cried.
...so mad that I've cried.
...so happy I've cried.
...and so worried that I've cried...

Saturday was the first day ever in my life that I have been so PROUD that I've cried. 
  










(are you surprised that this is the best picture we got of us? lol we really are horrible!)






Jaron and his Sunwarrior Co-Workers/friends


As Grant and I watched Jaron come off the finish line, I cried. What these pictures don't show is how hard Jaron worked to get here. 

It doesn't show him quietly getting out of bed in the dark of the early hours of the morning to go train.
It doesn't show him using his lunch break to go and lift weights.
It doesn't show him riding his bike home from work. 
It doesn't show him turning away from that cookie or piece of cake to have fruit for dessert instead. 
It doesn't show him giving up his Saturdays to go practice the triathlon course.

All while being a hard worker, husband, father, friend, cub scout leader and student. 

He has worked so hard to change his life... and he has. 

I think his brother summed it up best when after Jaron finished the triathlon he said, 

"I think he grew 10 feet while he was running right there."



I guess I'll wrap it up by saying...
I love him. 
Simple as that.
 

This handsome man of mine took 6th place in his age bracket. 
He totally destroyed that race and we are all so incredibly proud of him!!



P.s. If you haven't already noticed, I deleted my blog's Facebook Page. I was having some issues with it. So if you want to keep up with the Hughes' ... you're gonna just have to watch for us on my regular old Facebook profile. :)