Page, AZ

 Fun fact about us- we never really do anything. 
Really though. We don't. We do the same old things, every same old day. 
We knew that a little trip was long overdue, so on Labor Day we packed up the kids and headed out for an adventure and Jaron wouldn't tell me where we were going. (Looking back it was because he didn't quite know where we were going either!)

We drove for a couple hours and the kids did super great. I was really happy with how well they did in the car for that long! Grace had a huuuuuge blowout, so Jaron pulled over and I changed her while he and Grant went to go stretch their legs. When they came back Grant had a handful of flowers for me! Those sweet boys of mine!


We kept on driving and we got to a point where Jaron said, "Okay, right or left?" I had no clue what was either way.. so I said left. 
I later learned that the Grand Canyon was right, and Page, AZ was left. Unknowingly, I chose Page!

We had such a good time there too! 

 We stopped and ate at a place called Big John's Texas BBQ and we absolutely shouldn't have. I wish we wouldn't have gone there because I've been dreeeaaaaming of it ever since. Hands down the best BBQ I have ever had. I wanted to drink their BBQ sauce. 
Regular food tastes like cardboard now!



After we ate we went and toured the Glen Canyon Dam. Did you know it's the second largest dam in the country? Right after the Hoover Dam.
Yeah, I had no clue it even existed. Whoops!
Neither of us have ever been there before so it was really neat to see Lake Powell for the first time.


 *Sigh..* Don't mind my poofy hair. My sister in law is going to rescue it soon.  Also
don't mind whatever the heck pose I'm doing in this picture.. I don't know what I was even thinking lol I was probably worried that the guy who took our picture (who didn't speak a lick of english) was
going to drop my new camera..
But man oh man look at my sweet handsome husband and cute little Grant! 
P.s. That double stroller is my freedom.




 







We had such a fun mini trip, and I'm really glad we went. It was much needed. 
Now, we're back to real life. 

I'm looking forward to watching Jaron this weekend as he does the 
triathlon he's been preparing so hard for! 

-C