M O B I L I T Y :
Grant loves to climb. All he wants to do is climb on top of everything. The funny thing is- whenever he starts climbing something I always say "careful". He picked up on it really quick, so now whenever he starts to climb something he says "er-fow. er-fow". Telling himself to be careful. He's too too funny!
He also has gotten so much better at holding our hands while we walk somewhere. He used to HATE it. Now he only puts up a fight when we go on a walk and we are almost home. He really loves being outside.
L A N G U A G E :
My mom says that I was able to talk like an adult by the age of three. I guess early yapping is in his genes because Grant can basically talk. It's absolutely crazy and I take no credit for it.. it's just how he is I guess. At first it took me by complete surprise.. but seeing how fast he picks things up it has been fun to teach him words and even a few words in Tagalog, thanks to Lola. (Lola = Grandma in Tagalog)
Right now my favorite is when he says "Eew-siw-ee"
Which translates to "you're silly."
Grant is also obsessed with letters. He loves letters. If he sees letters anywhere he'll say what he thinks they are. "C, O, G, E, D, P, Q, I, A, B" is the usual order of what he says.
Hearing him say "cookies" is the cutest thing in the whole world.
Also- socks. He loves his socks and he calls them "kocks". It's adorable.
What I like the most about this whole new communication thing is that he understands what I am saying. So I never have to leave the couch because Grant brings me the remote when I ask for it ;).
Just kidding, but seriously what is nice is that when Grant is fussy, instead of me playing the guessing game, he tells me what he needs.
If he's thirsty- "a gink"
If he's hungry- "crackers or cookies"
If he needs a diaper change- "yucky"
If he needs a nap- "app."
It's so nice to not have to fight him to nap anymore. I will ask him if he's ready for a nap and if he is, he'll say "app" and go to the stairs and wait for me to lift him over the baby gate.
I seriously know that Heavenly Father blessed Grant with all of these abilities because heaven knows I would for sure be in the loony bin by now without them.
A B I L I T I E S :
Grant is such a sweet helper.. most of the time. When Grace cries, he will say "ookay. shh shh." and search for her binki. If he finds the binki he will shove it in her mouth. (Which makes her cry harder.)
If she cries in her carseat, he will rock the carseat (forcefully. probably rattling her brain) and say "ok geese. ok." Although it does more harm than good.. he is trying. and I love it.
L I K E S :
He loves his "gooks" or books. He asks for "gooks" all the time! And at bedtime, one gook is never enough.
He really loves his new toy airplane that his Auntie May bought him.
He also really likes blakets. He doesn't have an attachment to just one single blanket, he just loves all soft blankets and tries to carry every single one around.
He loooves his Winnie the Pooh bear that my mom bought him in Alaska. He loves it so so much. It's so sweet to see him play with him, carry him around and take him to sleep. He lights up whenever he sees his Pooh bear.
aand he also loves to dance. He was the star at my mom's 50th birthday party!
D I S L I K E S :
um.... he dislikes.... uhhhh.. I can't think of anything right now.
Oh. He dislikes sharing. He sure stinks at sharing. We're working on that though.
F E E D I N G / C A R E:
He is pretty good at using utensils but after a few tries he throws them and uses his hands because it's much faster.
He is down to one nap a day and I actually like it much better because instead of two short/idk how long they'll be naps, I get one good long about 2 1/2 hour nap. I really like knowing how long he will be asleep because it helps me get more work done during nap times.
N E W T R I C K S :
Blowing kisses to daddy as he leaves for work. So tender!
Grant is at my favorite age so far. I love him so much right now I can't stand it. He's so fun. He's my best friend. I'm so glad that he is how he is and that he is who he is.
I remember in High School my seminary teacher told me something to the effect of "you will get the kind of kids you pray for"... or something like that. I don't remember exactly, but he basically said it was okay to pray for good kids.
So when Jaron and I wanted to have a baby, we prayed and prayed and prayed for a good kid. For a special spirit. For a child who would help us be better and a child that needed us as his parents. We promised that we would teach him the gospel and teach him to love it, and live it.
I know for a fact that is the only reason why Grant is the way he is. It's because we prayed for it.
I'm grateful for the gospel, for good advice and for answered prayers.
-C
