Dear Grant,
Hi baby. Today you turned two. I looked back at the pictures from the day you were born and it just seems like it was another life entirely.
I have so much I could thank you for.
You have already done so much more for me than I think I will ever do for you.
I wonder every day why God trusted a spirit as special as yours with someone like me.
You are such a funny boy, Grant.
You love cars and dinosaurs and that's about it. You talk like crazy. You can count to twenty and know all of your letters and the sounds they make. You can sing I am a Child of God and you even know the beginning of the second verse. You love animals and I can't wait to take you to the zoo this year. As soon as it warms up I promise we will go.
You love being outside. We almost bought a house last month because it had a huge yard. We wanted you to be able to go outside and play. We handed over the earnest money and everything. But your dad didn't feel right- so we are still in our townhome that is yard-less. I am so sorry about that. But I know someday you will have space to run. At least that is my hope!
You are two now.
Hi baby. Today you turned two. I looked back at the pictures from the day you were born and it just seems like it was another life entirely.
I have so much I could thank you for.
You have already done so much more for me than I think I will ever do for you.
I wonder every day why God trusted a spirit as special as yours with someone like me.
You are such a funny boy, Grant.
You love cars and dinosaurs and that's about it. You talk like crazy. You can count to twenty and know all of your letters and the sounds they make. You can sing I am a Child of God and you even know the beginning of the second verse. You love animals and I can't wait to take you to the zoo this year. As soon as it warms up I promise we will go.
You love being outside. We almost bought a house last month because it had a huge yard. We wanted you to be able to go outside and play. We handed over the earnest money and everything. But your dad didn't feel right- so we are still in our townhome that is yard-less. I am so sorry about that. But I know someday you will have space to run. At least that is my hope!
You are two now.
Two brings big things! You are going to learn how to converse. You're going to learn how to answer questions. You are going to learn that there are all kinds of kids. Mom and dad are going to try and teach you how to not pick up bad habits. We're going to try and help you learn how to be kind and loving.
We are going to try to teach you how to deal with the disappointments of life like- "There's no more juice."
I hope that during this year of your life that you know how much I love you.
I can't imagine how frustrating your life must be. I teach you to say please and that you can have whatever it is you are asking for. And now that you are saying please now I am telling you no to that cookie at 7am. We are both learning- I know we will get through it. Your dad and I love you.
We can't imagine our world without you.
Today we did all your very favorite things.
You ate french fries, played at the park, had "Wassles" (pancakes) for dinner and ice cream for dessert!
I hope you had a Happy Birthday, Grantie.
I love you.
Mom.
