I can't seem to keep my mind away from thinking about this dream of mine.
Someday I will live in a beautiful farm house with a wrap around porch.
It will sit on a ton of land, because it wouldn't quite be a farm house without chickens, goats, a horse, rabbits and pigs to care for.
It will be somewhere quiet and open, so that you can see the sky and mountains.
It won't be in the city, because at night, I want to be able to lay outside and see the stars in the heavens.
The home will be a refuge from the world. It will be a place where the spirit of the Lord will be present and unrestrained. Where every person who enters may feel that they are loved, just by being who they already are.
We will have large windows so that every morning I can go and let the warm morning light into each bedroom as I wake my children.
We will pray and read scriptures together, and talk about how we can show others love and kindness that day. Then, each child will put on their little rubber boots and go outside to feed the animals and collect eggs for breakfast.
It will have a beautiful, large kitchen. I want to have a seating area- a nook or a bar so that the kids and I can watch Jaron while he cooks. He has such a talent for cooking, and I love watching him while he works in the kitchen.
There will be space to run. There will be music to be played. There will be laughter, and joy. We will spend time serving others. It will be simple, and it will be different.
That is my dream.
That is heaven to me.
I don't know if this dream of mine will come true a few years down the road, or in the next life.
But regardless, it brings me such hope and happiness when I think about it.
Either way... someday, I know my dream will come true.
Do you have a dream? What is it? Whatever it is, don't give up on it. Hold on to it. Don't let this world dim the light of your dreams.
Be different. WANT differently than the world wants.
Keep dreaming.
- C
