About Our Kids

I don't particularly love this analogy very much but my brain is too tired to think of another one. 
I wear a lot of hats. 
You know all know this. 
Lately, in my free time, I have had a really hard time putting on anything but my Photographer hat. 
{Well, besides my Wife/Sister hat because Jaron and Charles and I have been playing Monopoly Deal every night for like three weeks now lol...oh. and This Is Us. a loooot of that.} 

But I'm going to force myself to put on my Blogger hat BECAUSE-
I cried big old alligator {or is it crocodile? I'm not sure.} at a wedding reception a week or so ago. 

There I was, just doin' my photographer/videographer thang, and it was time for the mother/son dance. I say this so much that you're probably sick of it but it really is true- you see sooooooooo much more behind the camera. It's like I'm living that moment as up close and personal as humanely possible without being that person myself! 
The groom and his sweet mother were dancing, and I took particular notice of her left hand. 
Her arm was around her son, hand resting behind him on his back. 
But she was patting. 
Without even thinking, noticing, like second nature- a subconscious act- She was tenderly, slowly, rhythmically patting her son's back. 

That's when I cried. 

All of a sudden I was sucked into the memory from not long ago, when my little baby Grant would let me hold him in my arms as I swayed back and forth, trying to calm him...
.... while patting his back. 

In my mind I saw this mother, holding her baby, patting his back in the same. exact. way. as she was in that very moment. Except now, in the blink of an eye.. he is a groom. 

I know the day is going to come way too fast that it will be me up there dancing with Grant on his wedding day- agh. Why does it happen so fast??!
     

Whenever I want to reminisce I of course, come here! To my blog. Where I write about everything. But like I said before, my photographer hat won't come off, so I haven't been writing anything lately! 
So here it is:)

Grant says the most hilarious things. When he's not pushing me to my limits, he is making me belly laugh. 
The other night I was sick with the stomach flu, and just as I was starting to feel better, Grace threw up on me. I hurried and took her to the bath tub where Jaron cleaned her up. I came back out to clean up the mess on the couch and Grant looked at me, interpreting the situation he had just witnessed and very seriously said,

"Mom. Gracie, sick.. Gracie sick of.. sick of mac n cheese and hotdogs."

If I knew how to put the laugh/crying emoji here I totally would lol. But unfortunately that doesn't come on my keyboard. lol 

Back story for the next story- Grant has a red coat. 
At church one Sunday, a family came in and got seated in the row in front of us. Their son, who must be about 6 or 7 was wearing a big, red, puffy coat with a bunch of fur around the hood. It looked absolutely nothing like Grant's coat except for the fact that it was the same color. But loud enough for everyone to hear, Grant looked at me, again- very seriously- like, a dead straight face, almost squinting, like he was very suspicious.. and said,

"dats my jacket." 

This boy makes us crazy, keeps us on our feet, but makes us laugh and happier than we ever thought we could be. I wish you could hear the way he said these things with the little inflections in his voice- oh. It is hilarious lol

He's potty trained, uses diapers for sleep {because we're cheap and they're stupid cheaper than Pull Ups} and just about everything he says might just come from the show Justin Time.
He still LOVES the movie Cars, but he also asks to watch Big Hero 6 by saying "Warshh Baymax?" even though he doesn't even like that movie and wants to turn it off once we put it on! He just likes saying Baymax. lol 

He is still our carb monster, so of course breakfast food is his favorite. Waffles, Pancakes, Toast, Cereal... you know- grains!


Goose. Our little Princess Goose!
She is... she's somethin.

She's brave. No- she's FEARLESS.
She went down a slide that was one of those spiral ones that are waaaaaaay steep and fast, and totally ate woodchips. Biffed it hard. They were all sorts of embedded into her forehead. Of course she cried and cried but when I put her down she went straight up to the slide and went down it without hesitation.

She loves to copy. My favorite thing she mimics is Jaron looking at his watch. I'll have to get a picture to show you!
She looooooves the Moana soundtrack and that's on repeat all. the. time. She has two dollies that she loves to sleep with, but when it's play time she goes for the tractors and cars- but after she puts on her dress up heels she got from Grandma for Christmas.

She has grown so much. She loves to go to "cheerch" and to play at the park. She is an animal lover like us all, but seems to really like cats.
She is talking quite a bit now. She knows lots of little phrases- she picked up most of them from Grant.
"STOP."
"DON'T."
"EE QUIET."
She also can count to four!

They make our life what it is. Jaron and I often will just talk about the funny things they did that day, and we can't help but just laugh and laugh. I think that's one of my favorite parts of the day. :P


I almost forgot about our third "child" ;) 

He sleeps for almost 15 straight hours a day! Sometimes he wakes up in the night to eat a bowl of cereal. 
He really likes peanut butter and jelly, and also broccoli or any green vegetable.....
lol just kidding. {but seriously lol.}
But anyway, Charles is great. 
So great!
The kids call him "uncle", and they ADORE him. Grant came up with this really weird word and we don't know where he got it or what it means, but he says "CHUPI!" 
We all thought it was pretty funny- and then Charles said, "Grant. YOU'RE a chupi!" 
And Grant will say, "I nooooooooot a Chupaaaaaaayyyy" 

Like I said before when the kids go to bed Jaron, Charles and I play Monopoly Go every night. Usually there are stakes and punishments for losing involved, like last time the loser had to get spanked as many times as the other loser's money pile. If that makes sense. Jaron had five million dollars which equaled out to five spanks and of course I lost that round.
I'm pretty sure I have bruises. lol

Charles is always so good about helping with the kids when we need him. He knows exactly how to take care of them and it has been wonderful having him around. I know I'm going to have a hard time when he moves out- but I don't want to think about that!

Anyway-
I'm going to lay down and maybe take a nap or something. :)

Happy Sunday. <3

-C