I didn't for a reeeeeeally long time. Meal planning was hard for me! But we found that not strategically meal planning made our grocery bills significantly higher because we were going to the store {or especially} eating out multiple times a week.
Even after I started meal planning and our finances started benefiting - I still found myself frustrated because the meals I would plan for would end up by not tasting very good. You know, you can't always trust the internet. {Tasty. You can't even always trust Tasty.} And I love food. FOOD!!!!!
I started to find good tasting recipes but then I got frustrated again because Jaron and Charles said I made too "carb heavy" meals. Sometimes they were just downright not healthy at all. With Jaron's huge weight loss accomplishment I don't want my cooking to take away from that achievement- or ruin it!
But let's talk about cooking.
The cooking like- period.
Cooking with two kids... hgaksjfuiwklwhjaef;ohwae;fihwehofljpeahenfksd!
I don't even have to say anything.
The meals I pick can't be insanely elaborate because when I turn my back to cook food it's like North and South Korea over here.
Easy. They've gotta be easy.
Healthy Food, that tastes good, is simple, made at home, that tastes good?
That's a tall order. {And yes I said tastes good twice. priorities people lol}
It has taken years. But I'm feeling really great about the balance that I have found with meal planning, creating healthy meal plans, and food that my family really loves to eat! Complete silence at the dinner table because everyone is completely preoccupied filling their faces? Booyah.
I'm sharing our meal plan this week with tried and true healthy recipes in hopes that I'll help you skip some irritating steps in meal planning, and hopefully ease some frustration!
![]() |
| One Pan Honey Mustard Chicken + Potatoes |
![]() |
| Best Oven Fried Chicken {Serve with Corn + Tater Tots!} |
![]() |
| Light + Bright Dinner - Italian Pinwheels |
![]() |
| One Pan Healthy Sausage + Veggies |
![]() |
| One Pan Lemon Roast Chicken + Asparagus {in season!} |
![]() |
| Sweet + Sour Chicken {Paleo + Low Fodmap} |
If you can't tell- I love one pan stuff. It's just as good as slow cooking! Throw everything on a sheet, season, bake and serve! Everyone will think you're a master chef and nobody has to know how simple it was! ;)
Yummo!
-C





