Along For The Ride

It started last night when I was uploading the photos I took of our house for the listing.
Grant was in the office with me. 
As he watched what I was doing, he saw me uploading the final photo- the photo of the whole house. 
In his sweet, innocent, happiest voice he exclaimed, "That's my home!"
It hit me like a big yellow bus. 
Square in the chest. 

Our listing goes live this afternoon- in just a couple hours actually. 
Our agent just came, installed the keybox and hammered a big sign into our lawn that put my heart in my stomach. 

So yes- yesterday I said I was okay to let it go. 

I am okay to let it go.
I do know that this is the right thing to do. 

But at the same time, I'm sad. 
I'm sad and that's okay. 

Earlier this morning I was driving to drop off the last bit of paperwork to the place we're moving to. On my drive there I just couldn't help but think..

Life truly is the wildest ride. 

Almost two years ago when we bought this house, I never imagined something like that would happen. Last night I read my journal entry from when we first moved in (I know, I know, I was asking for it.) And I wrote, " ..I can't believe this house is ours! I'm going to be really sad when I wake up from this dream..." 

But I never would have imagined that Jaron would find his passion in life in the medical field. Never in a million years. Yet, here we are. 

I'd like to think that someday I'm going to look back at this post, and feel the same thing I feel now when I look back at when I didn't want to move out of my little Bunkerville Farmhouse. 
"This isn't it."
"There's so much more to come..."
"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."
"Just keep your chin up and keep going."
"I promise, it'll be better than you ever dreamed."

Who knows where I'll be then, what I'll be doing, how many kids we'll have or WHAT. But I know one thing never changes- 

and that's that life is so unexpected and plans never go the way you think. lol 
At this point- I'm just along for the ride. 

The wildest one. 

-C