{25 weeks. 105 days to go. he's the size of a zucchini}
I guess calling these things "weekly" pregnancy updates isn't all so accurate seeing as the last update was over a month ago! Let's be real though.. at this point in the pregnancy.. not much changes! We're just playing the waiting game.
I do have some exciting stuff to talk about this time though!
So last week (week 24) was the week I've been waiting for! Jaron FINALLY felt the baby kick! It was definitely very exciting! We were laying in bed watching Lord of the Rings when the baby was having a party in my belly (I guess we've got another Lord of the Rings fanatic here) I just knew that Jaron would be able to feel it so I took his hand and placed it on my belly. We both waited quietly and then I felt the baby kick. I looked at Jaron as he said, "Was that him??" I told him it was! It was so fun to finally be able to have Jaron feel this son of ours move!
This week I've been able to see the baby's movements. The first time it happened I was watching TV and I felt him kick. I looked down just in time to not only feel him kick again but I SAW it too! It made me laugh so hard! I'm not sure why, I guess it's not funny.. I guess maybe it just made me so happy that I laughed.. Yeah, let's go with that!;)
Everything else is just the standard aches, pains, cramps, and of course.. everything getting bigger!
Now that we're over half way there.. I'm starting to freak out. I'm realizing that this baby is going to come soonish... and there's only one way out. Of course, it's too late to go back now so I have no choice but to be brave.
Millions of women have done it.. so I can too! .....right?
Oh yeah, this last week I had to take off my wedding ring.:( Darn these sausage fingers. I HATE not wearing it.. but I think I'd hate it more if I had to have it cut off and ruined so whatever I guess.
Our next appointment is still a few weeks away, and I'm not quite that excited because I'll have to do that glucose test thing and if anyone sucks at drinking weird flavored things... it's me. I'll just plug my nose and chug! ;)
I hope we get an ultrasound because it's been a while since we've had one and I'd love to see this baby!
Enjoy your Conference Weekend!