At 34 weeks:
He's the size of a cantaloupe
and we only have 43 days to go!
Latest discomforts:
- "I'M FULL!"- Lately, when I sit down to eat during the day I will only take a few bites and then I'll feel too full to eat any more! But the weird thing is.. I'm still hungry! But if I try to keep eating I'll get a really bad stomach ache.. I guess the baby is running out of room quick! By dinner time I'm usually starving so that's when I'm able to eat a bit more:)
- GOTTA GO!- I use the bathroom like 6 times a night.. and for a person who doesn't like to get out of bed... that's a lot!
- SLEEEEEEP- I don't have too much of a problem sleeping during the nights (most days). The real trouble I have is actually getting myself to fall asleep. However, once I'm out I'm good!..... that is, until I have to use the bathroom.
- GETTING DRESSED- Yes, getting dressed is one of the biggest discomforts of all. I have very, VERY few clothes that fit me.. yet I am determined to tough it out until he's here. I'd rather spend money on clothes to wear after he's born than to spend money on more maternity clothes that I'll only wear for one (say whaaat?!) more month. So if you see me around town looking like I live underneath the Bunkerville bridge.... you know why!
- CONTRACTIONS- The other night I was kept up by what felt kind of like food poisoning. (You know, like when you have that stomach cramp that makes you feel like you need to throw up? Yeah.. that!) Well, I stayed up for 30 minutes just thinking I had eaten something bad.. but I started to realize that the cramps would come and go at intervals.. so that's when I started to think that I might have been having contractions. I started (kinda) timing them.. and for about an hour they were coming anywhere from every two minutes to every five minutes and lasting about a minute or two each time. I tried laying down, sitting up, standing up and rocking back and forth.. but nothing could get rid of the pain. When it started to get really uncomfortable, and they baby started moving around all weird-like.. I decided to wake up Jaron. It had been an hour since the contractions had started. I woke him up and he helped comfort me and talk me through it. I started to get really nervous because the pain started intensifying.. and that's when the tears started. Jaron then picked up my phone and asked me the number for my doctor. Once we got a hold of the doctor, she told me to try walking around to see if that would help them stop, but if they didn't stop then we needed to come up to labor and delivery. I started walking around our bedroom, and after a while the contractions stopped. THANK GOODNESS! The next morning I was still having little contractions, but those stopped too. I told myself that I need to take it easy..because I'm sure all the moving and such is what caused me to have them, so I've been forcing myself to stay put for most of the day so that they don't start again. So far it has worked pretty well. :)
Latest happenings:
- mmmm...nothing really new I don't think..... he's just getting bigger!
We can't wait for our baby to be here!
Merry Christmas!